*60*

-E.F

"And then she just left, what am I supposed to do with that?" Xavier sits back in one of the chairs by my desk with a sigh. I stare at Jackson to catch his reaction to Xavier's little rant about Davina's co-worker Natalia. Jackson looks taken back much like me but he regains composure quickly and straightens his posture in the seat next to him.

With my elbows only desk I prepare myself for what Jackson has to say, "So basically you asked her out just for her to reject you cause you guys are just 'casual,' and when have you ever asked a girl out for something more than a hookup? I'm in shock truly," I drop my hand from my chin as he basically shortens what Xavier had just said.

"That's beside the point Jax," Xavier groans and turns his attention toward me. "What do you think I should do?"

"This guy is struggling in his love life maybe even worse than you are," Jackson chuckles but coughs to hide it when I glare at him.

"Your love life is not even existent let alone struggling," I say to smiley Jackson who puts his hands up in defence.

"So what I'm hearing is we are doomed." We might as well be. Xavier looks up at the ceiling whining. "We should just move in together and grow old as best friends, fuck girlfriends and marriage and kids."

"You two have fun with that, I'm still on the lookout for my happily ever after," Jackson says just as a knock echoes through the room.

"Enter," I call out just for Nancy to come stumbling in with a stack of paper. She regains her balance and continues her way towards my desk with a smile. When Jackson's eyes hit her face a coat of blush covers her cheeks.

"H-here is the paperwork you asked for sir," she stutters before dropping the work in front of me to look at. I mumble a quick thank you which her head bows at. Amused at the nervous actions that Jackson brings out of her I watch intently as she watches him in silence for a few seconds before practically running out.

"Could she be any more obvious," Xavier says leaning over to look at the stack of papers she brought it. With my attention on my desk, I miss Jackson's reaction but from his voice, I can tell he's oblivious.

"About what?" He says

"She has a cute little crush on you loverboy," I hear a smack and I can only assume it's Xavier patting Jackson's arm. When I look up at Jackson he seems deep in thought as if he's replaying a few seconds ago in his head.

"No," he shakes his head with a laugh, "Nancy, like me? That's impossible," he starts to chuckle like a little schoolboy, I raise my brows and sit back in my seat suddenly curious.

"How is that impossible," I say making him even more in denial.

"Because- because it's Nancy, we've known her forever, the only reason she got the job is because her dad is our best fighter. She's, she's just her." Just her. Suddenly his cheeks start to full of pink.

"Real nice description Romeo," Xavier scoffs at Jackson who rolls his eyes at the insult. I chuckle and hand both of them a few papers that need to be done.

"Shut up. What's going on with you and Davina?" He changes the topic so quickly that when Davina's name is brought up it feels like my heart skips a beat.

"What are you talking about?" I say trying to be completely entranced in my paperwork. They both chuckle on the other end of me which I roll my eyes to.

"Have you guys made up? You both came back from the bathroom at the bar looking flustered the other day," Jackson asks.

"She hates me, I kidnapped her dad, there's no fixing that." I pause thinking about our interaction the other night. I couldn't get over her scent and touch. It was completely different from Tess's touch or any woman that had ever touched me in the past. "Besides, she had a date with Mark," I can't help but cringe when I say his name.