#7

-D.F

"I love you" I whispered hugging Spear's small body against mine. I wanted him to stay this small and innocent forever. The older he gets the less moments we have like this. He hugged me back as tight as he could and told me he loved me more. I hummed and released him. "Have a good day" I said standing up and watching as he ran.

"Spear!" A voice yelled from behind me which made Spear stop in his tracks. "Oh hi Davina" Angel said popping out from behind me. Adriano waved but ran to catch up with Spear. I smiled and leaned back down to her eye level.

"Hey Angel, how are you" I said placing my hand on her shoulder. She smiled widely and played with her long black hair.

"I'm good" she said rocking back and forth in her little heels. I smiled and took in her whole outfit. She wore a dress like every time I had seen her. It was purple and long which matched her headband that pushed back her long hair.

"That's good, you're gonna be late, you better get going their waiting for you" I said nudging my head to the two boys who were laughing. She looked back and smiled before running off and catching up with Spear and Adriano. I stood back up and watched them walk into the school together.

"She likes you." My skin burned at the voice. My body immediately recognized who it was and I prepared myself before turning around and facing his intense gaze.

"You think?" I asked turning to face the nameless person. He nodded his head and glanced at the school that the kids walked into. He was wearing a casual outfit today. A plain black shirt with a leather jacket that was complimented by the silver chain that hung around his neck. His black jeans tied the subtle fit together which added to his dark demeanour. He always looked attractive.

"They all do" he said nodding his head. I smiled and played with my fingers subconsciously. He glanced down at them for a solid moment before his lips twitched. He knew I felt nervous under his gaze.

"I should get going, I can't be late to work" I mumbled tucking back a piece of my hair behind my ear. "Again" I finished and started to walk down the sidewalk.

"Um" I stopped and turned my head curious to what more he was going to say. He didn't speak that much, I enjoyed it. It was refreshing. I raised a brow and waited for a moment. "Do you" he raised his hand slightly which made me more confused.

"Do I?"

"Need a ride?" He asked shocking me. I turned my whole body to face his and tilted my head. He stood there with a new expression waiting for my answer. "You don't have a car." He stated.

"Sure." I said smiling and walking closer to him. He nodded his head and turned around to his car which was parked. I looked at the car for a moment before walking up to it. "Did you get a new car?" I asked him.

He shook his head and opened the door for me. I gave him a smile and entered the car. The smell was fresh and clean, the leather seats shun and added to the sleek look of it. He closed the door for me and walked to the other side.

"I like this one" I said as he got in. He nodded his head before starting the car. I pressed my lips together at the awkward silence and tried to make small talk. "So what do you do for a living?"

"Business." He said not going any deeper into the topic. Man he was dryer than the desert. His head remained on the road as the wind from the opened window hit his face. His wavy hair blew back exposing more of his features.

"So where did the name slaughter come from?" I asked randomly. Immediately I regretted the words that left my mouth as I saw his jaw clenched along with his hand on the wheel. "The girl from the bar the other day called you that, and I wasn't sure if it was your name" I rambled on unable to stop myself.