*56*

Bonus Emilio chapter

-E.R

"Luci?" My eyes widen when I realize my mother and I aren't alone in my room anymore. She lays next to me under my bed with her hand over my mouth. I can feel her knees digging into my side as she struggles to hide her tall figure. I don't move or breathe even slightly, it's so quiet that I can hear the footsteps a few feet away stop. My eyes close, and before I know it my mother is out from my side screaming.

I lie shaking in silence as she's on the floor in front of three pairs of shoes with tears streaming down her face. The small gun she managed to find gets ripped out from her hands before she gets a chance to use it leaving her without any form of protection.

"Lucianna, now is your son down there with you?" Before they can make any movement towards me my mother raises herself slightly.

"Leave him alone," she says before a gun long enough to pin her head down to the floor touches her forehead. Her eyes close but no shots go off.

"I get to decide that."

"Why? Why are you doing this? Was his father not enough?" The man who's holding my mother to gunpoint chuckles, it's a chuckle that makes me never want to hear laughter again.

"Your husband and his wife were more than enough. But it just did not leave a big enough message." The man seems sociopathic and egocentric by the way he speaks without empathy.

"To whom?"

"Everyone." His knees come into view as he squats down. "We are to be feared. This mafia has nothing on us and this proves it. We are the best." He chuckles once more at the last tear drops to leave her eyes. "Your son will live to see the downfall of this mafia. Just like he'll live to see the downfall of his family." Now, all I felt was anger. I want nothing more than to get out from under this bed and take down the men who had my mother's life on their hands. But knowing better. I covered my mouth with my hand filled with tears and shut my eyes.

The gun goes off.

I sit up with so much speed that my head starts to pound. The darkness of my room surrounds me. The only thing I can hear is my heart pounding through my ears and the slight city noise from my open window.

When I checked the time I was surprised at the two-hour difference it showed from when I fell asleep. I had barely slept and yet didn't desire any more sleep for the night. Laying back down with my eyes wide open I stare at the familiar ceiling that I had inspected every inch of. I stared at it until it displayed a golden reflection of the sun.

I sit on my couch with my head towards the ceiling. There was not much to do now that I had a hostage casually roaming the place twenty-four-seven. John had made himself quite at home once he figured out how close me and Davina actually were, it didn't take a genius to solve it.

John limps into the living room silently. He never had much to say and when he did it would be something useless about his wife who was now dead. Normally I'd have gratitude for such an awful person being dead but for once in my life it made me feel off.

John sits down on another couch a few feet away from me. Must he be in the same room? This house had more than enough room for us to coexist and never come into contact. Slowly I lift my head and look at him with a still face. He practically shutters at my gaze which leaves me with a sense of satisfaction.

"Can I call Davina again?" He mumbles so quietly that I can barely make out what he's saying. I raise a brow pretending not to hear any of it at all. If I can't torture him physically I might as well fuck with his head. He exhales having to ask the question once again. "Can I use your phone again?"