#51

-D.F

"What the hell is going on?" I couldn't stop staring at my father, he was tied with rope on the floor, and it looked like the only thing he could move was his legs one of which had a bloody bandage wrapped around it. I started to become dizzy, It quite literally felt like my heart was breaking when I caught the cuts on his arms and face.

I looked Emilio dead in the eyes with more anger than I've ever felt in my entire life, it was as if everything that I had bottled up was finally releasing. If smoke wasn't coming out my ears before it sure was now.

"Answer me" I yell heading towards him. He can't seem to say anything, his mouth opens and closes multiple times which only causes me to cry more on the spot. I could've sworn I seen his eyes gloss over but just as I see any bit of emotion, it leaves.

He lied to me.

I shake my head while wiping the tears with the back of my hand that he had not long ago kissed so lovingly. Suddenly, everything he's ever done seems superficial.

I walk around Emilio with the intention of helping my father. Why? I couldn't even figure out the reason. What had he done to benefit me, what had he done to even show he cared?

My dad's eyes widened when he saw me walking toward him, his feet kicked back so that there was more of a distance between us. I pause straight after his eyes look me up and down in disgust. Just then I realized what I had on. My bare legs had sent the same message as Emilio's shirtless body did to everyone there, it was obvious that something had happened.

A pit started to form in my stomach and suddenly I couldn't move. I can't talk, I can't do anything.

"Davina." Emilio touches my shoulder causing me to flinch back and vastly turn around. I take a step back and wipe more tears

"Don't touch me!"

As quickly as possible I ran out of the basement and headed towards Emilio's room where my clothes were. Furiously I start to pick up every single one of my belongings.

"Davina-" Emilio enters not a second later.

"You lied to me." His eyes twitch at my tone. "What is this really about, and stop bullshitting me" I cry out, I didn't want to cry, I was trying my best not to, but with him staring at me with those eyes I couldn't help it.

"Your father owes me money. He changed his name to John Fright and for the longest time, nobody could find him... I tossed away his file a while ago" he sighs while running his hand frivolously through his hair.

"I didn't come across it until recently, that's when I saw the address on the file...It was yours." He lets out a deep exhale as if it were a relief to release all that information on me. On the other hand here I stood completely gobsmacked by the whole thing.

"He. You," I shake my head frantically, "how much?"

"I can't-"

"How much Emilio?" I cut him off demand.

"Eleven Million." my heart drops even farther down my stomach. I can practically feel all the blood leave my face when I start to see black dots, I was surely the colour of a ghost now if I wasn't already.

"Oh my god." I whispered shaking my head, "Oh my god" Suddenly every time that I mentioned my family seemed like a ploy. I turn around furiously heading towards his desk and grabbing my keys from the drawer.

There wasn't much going through my mind except for the fact that I had to leave. Struggling to keep all of my items in my arms I bent over repeatedly each time something dropped. I sigh when Emilio blocks my way of leaving with his body.