*10*

DONT BE A SILENT READER!🤍

-E.R

Tapping on the thin glass table with my pencil I blocked out the many voices in the room. Must everyone speak over each other? My body was leaned back so much that my legs had spread naturally and my other hand had laid onto my thigh tapping a similar pattern as the pencil.

"Slaughter?" a shakey voice called out which snapped me back into reality, my blurred vision had become sharp and my tapping had stopped completely. Without moving my head from the pencil I simply drew my eyes to the voice.

Hugo's eyes widened for a split second before he recovered and cleared his throat. He let out the smallest chuckled, probably to ease his nerves, and started to speak. His eyes turned to his paper the entire time.

"They need your decision tonight" I looked back at the pencil and dropped it. My hands went to my lap and I decided to scan the table catching many feared gazes turning down.

"It's a no."

"Uh but-" now I turned my head fully to Hugo making him stop. I refused to ask him to continue so instead I moved my head just the slightest to encourage it. "I was just going to say that you should consider it. The trade would be really good for us and stats show-" I found myself shaking my restless leg as I listen to his reasons. Usually, I would refuse anyone's advice. I didn't need or want it. But knowing that setting up a meeting tonight would mean I'd get to go to a bar. And right now more than anything I wanted a drink. The whole day I had been doing work. Going to meetings. Giving my useless opinion that everyone always agreed on.

"Ok" I grabbed my pencil once again and fixed my posture. "Seven" I paused for a moment and thought of the White Tiger, it interested me more than our usual meeting place. "White Tiger" I concluded and tapped my pencil one last time. Xavier cleared his throat from next to me and stood up from his seat.

"Dismissed," he declared allowing everyone to raise from their seats and walk out the door in quiet. Jackson already near the door closed it and walked towards Xavier and I.

"White Tiger? Again?" Jackson asked raising a brow and taking a seat to my right, I sighed not knowing how to answer. I really had no reason for picking this bar. I liked it. It interested me.

"I like White Tiger better honestly, the workers are hotter. And nicer, I became friends with at least four of them" Xavier laughed and sat back down, I raised a brow and wondered what got him now like the bar. Surely that was not the only reason. I admit the workers were nice, but Xavier was just a friendly guy.

"So are you saying yes?" Jackson asked referring to the trade I was supposed to deny or accept by tonight. I did not know the answer to the question myself. The facts were there and I knew that it would be smart business to accept, but to be brutally honest, the Westbrooks we're Dicks. Every single one of them, you'd think the ignorance would stop after their father but unfortunately, he gave that poor quality to all four of his kids. Three of them who proposed the trade.

"I don't know," I said honestly. I was not the least bit worried about this decision. With or without them we were still more than ok. Of course, you can never have that much success, but I was content at the moment.

"I say fuck the Westbrooks, they are all bitches" Xavier groaned and crossed his arms across his chest, Jackson scoffed at his words and I almost immediately knew what was about to happen.

"Are you stupid, this could be one of the best decisions ever for this group" Jackson and Xavier we're different in every way. From their black and blonde hair to their blue and brown eyes, every single detail was quite literally the opposite. But that's what made them best friends. My best friends. For as long as could remember Xavier and Jackson have been my ride or dies.