#58

-D.F

"Here you are," I say sliding a beer down the bar. The man who grabs it before it falls screams a thank you before taking a large gulp of it. I nod before turning to another person who sat across the counter from me, "and for you?" I ask

"Cutty Sark," the man says. I freeze halfway through my turn toward the bottles and look back at the man for a few seconds. With no resemblance to Emilio, I sigh and start to make the drink. Not realizing it before, Cutty Sark now always linked itself to Emilio in my mind whether I wanted it to or not.

The door rings open as I pour ice into the cup. I glance at it for a quick second out of instinct and catch Dalia already staring at me with a smile. She waves her hand and sprints towards the bar excitedly.

"Hey," she draws out. The man I pass the Cutty Sark to looks Dalia up and down seductively as she leans over the counter to me. "In your dreams baldy," she says noticing his stare.

I laugh and walk down the counter with Dalia on the other side following me. "You will not guess what just happened" She moves her shoulders out of excitement.

"What?" I say suddenly interested, she sits down on a stool and places her hands into her palms.

"I just got asked out!" She squeals, and my mouth drops open.

"What? By who," I say just as excited as her. The door rings open once again but this time revealing Elliot. The moment he enters he locks eyes with Dalia and sends her a smile, they stare at each other until he walks behind the counter and towards us. "Hey, Elliot," I say breaking their hard eye contact.

"Hey." He says before heading towards the back room. Dalia places her hands on her reddened cheeks and sends me a sheepish grin.

"No way." I say in shock, "Elliot really?"

"He asked me before I came in, are you mad?"

"Mad?" I laugh out, "Why on earth would I be mad, I just didn't know you like blue hair," I put my hands up in defence.

"Hey, it suits him," she defends. The thought of Dalian and Elliot was so out of this world that I couldn't even picture it in my head. "I think he asked me out. Maybe it's just a friend hanging out and I'm misinterpreting it" Her hands hit her cheeks again. I roll my eyes and start to make her a drink that I know she'd like.

"Dalia you're overthinking it, just be excited about it and leave it at that." She gives me a deadpan look before stacking the drink I made her from my hands.

"Says the queen of overthinking." She practically gulps the drink down in one go. "Put it on my tab." The door rings open the moment I turn around to put a few bottles back on display. I don't pay attention to the voices entering the bar until I recognize one.

"Will you two keep it down." I almost drop a bottle from my hands at the sound of Emilio's voice. Only then did I make out the previous voices to be Jackson and Xavier, his usual accomplices. I don't turn straight away, instead, I take longer to place the bottles perfectly on display while fixing the positions of the other bottles. 

"Look who's here- Are you organizing the bottles right now?" Dalia's voice is laced with amusement as she watches me. I feel more than just her eyes on me which makes me turning around seem dreadful. Slowly I turn my head to her, I have to force myself not to scan the bar for eyes that I knew were already on me.

"He can't go to any other bar in the city?" I mumble and start wiping an already clean counter with a rag. I keep my head trained on my hand.

"Maybe he likes seeing you here." Dalia wiggles her brows which receives a glare from me. "By the way, have you spoken to your father today?" I shake my head unable to shake the events of yesterday from my head. He had called me every single hour today but I couldn't get myself to answer it.