#44

Young Emilio😍

-D.F

My head spins rapidly as I stare down at the sidewalk that I continually stumble on. My eyes widen every time I start to see two pathways and four legs walking. Every breath that fogs up the air is followed by the scent of weed that is stuck to my clothes and the taste which lingers on my tongue.

I look up to the sky when I hear thunder, suddenly a strike of lightning crosses the grey clouds above me. Quickly, I start to take in my surroundings and realize that I'm just a few more houses down from my own, I speed up my pace and don't stop until I'm standing outside of it.

"What?" I say out loud while looking at a familiar car parked outside. It takes me aback and I can't help but stand in my front yard for a few seconds. I head towards the front door with caution and twist the handle in hopes it would be locked like I had left it to be.

My hands shake when I can turn the doorknob all the way. It's unlocked. Suddenly all the drugs and substances I had put in my system had doubled in effectiveness. My mind felt overpowered by my thoughts and my breath slightly sped up.

"Davina," the door is wiped open before I can push it forward. To my shock, my mother stands before me slightly pudgier than she was the last time I had seen her. I look her up and down and pause at her large stomach. I try my best to not imagine the worse but when I hear a baby's cry come from inside the house my heart drops. "Where have you been? And why do you look like that!" Her eyes are filled with alarm as she drags me inside the door by her hand, I can feel her nails digging into my arm which suddenly set me off.

"Get off me," I say pushing her hand away. "Who's baby is that," I say stepping close to the crying little thing. My dad stomps down the stairs yelling on the phone which subsides my attention.

The baby continues to whale while I listen in on what my dad is saying.

"Yes everything is sorted," he runs his hands through his hair and completely ignores my presence, I roll my eyes and turn towards my mother fuming.

"What are you doing here?"

"We're here to drop off your brother Spear, we will be back for you guys in a bit but we just have to go away for a while" She steps closer to me and pushes back my hair so that it flows down my back "your hair has gotten so long," she smiles and then pulls me into a hug. She would always tell me how much she loved my red long hair it was partly the reason I never dared to cut it.

"Brother" my head spins and the walls start to circle my body. The only thing keeping me from falling is my mother's arms around my body. "Brother," I say again.

"You're going to watch him for a little while ok?" She pulls back and squeezes my shoulders, when I start to see two of her I step back and push her away once again.

"What? I'm sixteen," I shake my head and start to deny it immediately.

"We were never here." My dad states on the phone, he catches my eyes and his face goes hard. "I got it dealt with" he then looks at the baby. Finally, he hangs up the phone.

"Dad, where are you going?" I walk towards him with tears brimming in my eyes.

"Davi, it's unsafe for me and your mother to be here right now" When I get closer I can see the dark circles covering the area around his eyes.

"You're never here anyways" I yell, he starts to get mad and I can almost see the heat boiling in him by his facial expressions, he could never hide his emotions easily.