Day 12 » Replacement

"Today??"

"Yes."

"Can it be done a few days later?"

"Sorry, ma'am, you nearly have 15 days left to your marriage. We can't delay the preparations unless you want the venue to look anything less than your imagined theme."

I sighed on the call as I couldn't freely explain to them that I am going through the painful days of the month and my life.

Nonetheless, they were doing a great job fulfilling all the requirements we stated, and being a setback to their perfectly planned schedule would be the last thing I want.

"Alright, we'll be there in an hour." I said and hung up to call Kai.

I hope he picks up the call.

I sighed again and thankfully he did pick up.

You: Hey babe, I'm sorry if you're busy right now but we need to be at the studio within an hour for the pre-wedding photoshoot.
You'll be there, right?

Hoseok: Of course, babe!
But why do you want me there exactly??

You: HOBI?!?
WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH KAI'S PHONE?

Hoseok: You literally dialed my number, dummy.

You: Oh...
I-I'm sorry... I guess I called you instead of Kai.

Hoseok: That's fine...
But are you really going to do the photoshoot today?
Didn't you say you go through a lot of pain during the first couple of days of your period?

You: Yeah...
It is truly painful, even now...
But I need to do the photoshoot today or else the preparations might get messed up.

Hoseok: Then I guess you have no choice...

You: Yup, I don't.

Hoseok: Let me know if you need any help.

You: Sure. Haha.
But what help would I need from you there?
(I laughed)

_

I called Kai right after talking to Hoseok and told him about the sudden schedule. He simply agreed and hung up as if he wasn't ignoring my calls for two days.

I let it slide once again and dragged myself to the studio where I heard from one of the makeup artists that the groom has already arrived and was in the other dressing room.

A feeling of relief as well as a bit of anxiousness kept growing in my mind.

The more I was being transformed into the look of a bride, the feeling of excitement was slowly getting replaced by a weird fear.

It was as if something within me was trying to warn me for something I have been neglecting for a while.

"You're all done, ma'am." I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sweet voice of the woman who just finished doing my hair.

I looked in the mirror in awe. She had dolled me up so pretty that a smile formed on my lips immediately.

"Thank you~" I smiled at her with a grin.

"My pleasure." She smiled back. "But are you alright, ma'am?"

I looked at her with a little frown being clueless for why she asked me that.