Day 14 » Closer

Ever since I was a kid, I often heard comments about me at my school that I was not like my twin brother at all.

Namjoon was smart, good-looking, confident, hardworking- pretty much the ideal son a parent would want to have... minus the destruction part- that's a god-gifted ability of Kim Namjoon.

It was only a few years later that I realized being different was considered a sin in this world.

I accepted that I was not smart enough. I was not cute like most of the girls in school. I was not enough hardworking because I liked to do things my way and was definitely not confident after hearing people talking bad behind my back.

But I never complained.

That's because at the end of the day, my perfectly ideal brother would come to my room to talk about his day and about the struggles he faced while living up to others' expectations. He used to share everything with me as I was his best friend.

No, wait...

Actually, I wasn't.

His best friend was Jung Hoseok. A cheerful guy, pretty popular for being a literal dance machine, though I've never seen him dancing. Like, literally, never.

I was not curious about my brother's friends, so that's all I knew about him.

Anyways, I was happy that I was the person my brother could share his feelings with.

He also told me that he would always be by my side to support me, regardless of what I chose to do or whom I chose to be with.

When we finally graduated from middle school, my family planned a trip with Hoseok's family to spend a couple of weeks in Hawaii.

That's where I started dating this guy. He was a tourist from Australia who went there for a holiday like we did.

We were young and childish when he promised to visit me in Korea in 2 years, so I believed him.

But when he failed to keep his promise, I was slightly angry at him but more on myself, so I did not go to school for about a fortnight.

After I resumed my classes, I heard some rumors about me being heartbroken over some unknown dude from my school and that's all people have been talking about during my absence.

I was so confused that I couldn't find anyone to ask about these groundless rumors.

The only people who believed me were my brother and his best friend.

I knew it was practically impossible to stop everyone from believing nonsense, so I just chose to ignore people instead of speaking my mind.

And that was when my confidence started downfalling to the ground.

Until yesterday...

_

I lost count of how many times I banged my head on my wall since this morning. And the table in front of me was tempting me to do the same on it.

I just couldn't help but feel extremely embarrassed about what I did and said to Hoseok yesterday.

Where did I get the confidence from??

My mind was fucked up and I couldn't sleep a single blink last night.

"So that's your story..." Hoseok mumbled and I legit screamed in shock.

I honestly forgot I was at his house, telling him about my past experiences.

"The fuck?!!!" He jumped at my voice. "Why are you screaming??"