Day 26 » Reveal

I opened my eyes with a long gasp hearing someone knocking on the door of my room.

Taking a breath to calm myself from the weirdly vivid dream I had this morning about Hoseok.

I shook it off my head and went to open the door after hearing another set of knocks.

"Namjoon..? What are you doing here?" I asked, letting him inside.

"I wanted to check up on you."

"Early in the morning??"

"Yeah..." He looked away. "Okay, anyway, I wanted to ask you if it was true that things between you and Kai are over,"

Namjoon's sudden query got me a little confused but I still answered, nevertheless.

"Yes, we are over,"

He whispered a small 'OK'. "Actually, I got a call from mom yesterday and she said that Kai has asked them to come asap. So, she was asking if everything was fine."

"I see... he must have called them to tell the truth..." I muttered.

"What?" He frowned. "What is going on...?"

I sighed and explained what was actually going on between me and Kai, and why I decided to break my engagement with him.

"That asshole-"

I snickered, "Nevermind, Joon, I'm fine now," I assured him.

"He didn't hurt you, did he?"

I shook my head with a little smile.

"That's a relief." He exhaled. "He better explain this to mom and dad, or else he's gonna pay for what he has done."

"By the way, mom-dad are coming after four days, right?"

"About that..." Namjoon awkwardly smiled.

"What is it?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Mom said that they are taking a flight this morning."

"THEY'RE- WHAT??"

_

I quickly got ready and packed my regular-use belongings from Hoseok's house as we three set off to pick up our parents from the airport.

"You should have told me about it yesterday!!" I complained to Namjoon who was sitting in the passenger seat while Hoseok was driving the car.

"I tried calling you yesterday but both of your phones were unavailable."

Hoseok started coughing all of a sudden and I could tell exactly what made him choke on the air.

"I wonder why..." I mumbled, silently laughing at the way Hoseok was lowkey panicking.

"We've reached!" Hobi exclaimed.

_

About 30 minutes later, our parents came out of the airport to greet us with lots of hugs filled with love.

It would be so hard for them to hear the truth...

I sighed, internally.

Hoseok was planning to just drop us at our house but on the insistence of our parents, he agreed to stay with us for a while.

I was in the kitchen preparing soft drinks for all of us when my dad suddenly asked, "How's the preparation going?"

Namjoon and Hoseok who were carrying all the luggage inside looked at each other and then at me.