Day 18 » Truth

*Y/N's POV*

It did take me a bit longer to finally realize what was wrong with me.

When I thought my attraction towards Hoseok was only because of my period hormones, I had no idea what meaning it held behind all those times I felt drawn towards him.

It was only yesterday when I found out that my desires are way stronger and deeper than what I've known till now.

I was never able to kiss someone, let alone, make the slightest physical contact with my boyfriend without sneezing to death.

However, it was the same me yesterday who was begging for this man's touch– the man who was my closest friend.

Releasing a long sigh, I checked the time on my phone while waiting for that same man to arrive at the restaurant.

After 5 minutes, he arrived with a woman, a smile on his face which caused something inside my stomach to make a 180-degree turn.

I forced a smile back, standing up to greet them. "I'm Kim Y/n. Nice to meet you~"

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Chae Soyeon." She greeted me back with a smile before the three of us took our seats around the table.

She glanced at Hoseok, gesturing something with her eyes as if she was verifying some information about me before Hoseok gave her a nod.

I awkwardly smiled as she turned to me again and smiled widely.

"You have a great choice!"

"I'm sorry?"

"Soyeon-ah!" Hoseok panicked and tried to stop her with a scold.

They seem close...

And that possibility made my heart twinge.

I bit my lip, observing them giggling at each other for a minute before they cleared their throat.

"Right... The thing I called you here for..." Hobi spoke up again, looking at the woman on his left. "She wanted to know something about Kai who was in your class when you were graduating."

"Oh, are you friends with Kai?" She asked me.

"Yeah, kinda..." I replied with a light smile. "Actually, Kai is getting married to my friend soon, so-"

"Wait, he's getting married??" She was shocked.

"Yeah... Is something wrong?" I asked her being confused by her reaction.

_

15 minutes later ~

"Y/n?"

I turned around to spot Kai walking toward us as I clenched my hands into fists under the table.

He approached us with a confused look but seemed to start panicking internally.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

I noticed that he looked at Soyeon first and then at me before glaring at Hoseok as if he had done some kind of a crime.

"Hey, I heard you're finally getting married. Congratulations!!" Soyeon offered her hand to Kai for a handshake but he hesitated before taking it.

"Th-thanks..."

"By the way, meet my friend, Hoseok." She introduced. "And that's Y/n, his girlfriend."

My eyes grew wide as Kai looked at me in shock.

"What?"

"It's not like that!" Hoseok denied it to both of them but Kai didn't seem to believe him.