Chapter 6. Searching for what?

As he entered into Affogato's bedroom, he was welcomed to Affogato sitting at his vanity, staring at himself longingly in the mirror. Tears falling down his cheeks.

"What's happened?" Dark Cacao asked, closing the door behind him for privacy.

"You don't need to worry. It's fine." Affogato sighed, wiping his eyes as he refused to look at Dark Cacao.

Dark Cacao walked over to him, resting his hands on his shoulders as he looked at him in the mirror.

"Somethings caused you to be upset. What is it?" He inquired once again, his tone softer than before.

Affogato sniffled, burying his head into his hands, refusing to look at him.

Dark Cacao decided it would be best not to push for any more answers until he was ready to open up.

He looked around the room as he rubbed Affogato's shoulders, feeling the trembling from the cookie bellow.

"That's a nice picture you have on your cabinet, Affogato." Dark Cacao pointed out, trying to change the subject.

A shake breath came from him as he looked over, staring at the picture.

"Whose in it?" He asked, staring back at Affogato.

"My aunt. She looked after me growing in my teenage years." He softly smiled, tears trailing down his reddened face.

Dark Cacao let out an interesting sound as he carried on looking around, scouting for anything of conversation value.

A little box rested underneath Affogato's bedside table. It looked old, stained in a reddish-brown tinge.

Dark Cacao removed himself from Affogato and headed over to the box, crouching and then pulling it out from the bedside table.

"Put it down." Affogato groaned, turning around to stare at him with bloodshot eyes.

"Pardon?" He asked, dropping the box.

"The box. Put it down." Affogato commanded, standing up on wobbly legs.

"I was just going to put it under the table better. It was poking out." An excuse, hopefully enough to save him.

Affogato cocked an eyebrow as he waited for him to put it back under the bedside table. When he did, Affogato turned back to the mirror.

"What's in it anyways?" He asked, getting up from the floor.

Affogato let out a choked up sob as he sat back down.

"Personal stuff." He whispered, looking at the mirror, trying to calm himself down.

Dark Cacao nodded as he walked over, admiring the room once more before going back to Affogato to rest his hands on his shoulders again.

One of his hands crept to Affogato's face, wiping away his tears and sweeping back his hair.

"You poor thing." He whispered into Affogato's ear, "Why do you cry, Affogato? Who has upset you?" If pressuring him to answer doesn't work the first time, gently coax him into telling instead.

"It's not another person. It's me. I've made a fatal mistake." He'd sob, covering his face with his hands.

Dark Cacao swiftly moved to crouch in front of him, grabbing his hands, giving them a comforting rub.

"What have you done to make something what you call a fatal mistake?" Dark Cacao asked, staring at Affogato's eyes.

A small hic came from the cookie as he avoided eye contact, his cheek beginning to be softly rubbed by scarred hands.