Chapter 3. Overdue apologies

It's been a month, and still, Affogato never apologised to anyone. Not even Dark Cacao got a single one from him.

Dark Cacao sat at his desk as he worked on plans for his Kingdom, mostly for expansions and wall upgrades.

Very little if any complaints were coming from the Kingdom, and even less from the Citadel. Who were quite a complaining baker's bunch of cookies.

He moved a document into the completed unaccepted pile, grabbing another one from the 30+ un-looked document pile.

A knock came from his office door, causing him to look up for a second before checking the clock on the wall.

They can wait for 10 minutes, and the King's documents are more important. If an emergency, they can enter without permission, as long as a high tier was near them.

He carried on working on his document, only for a louder knock, followed by a grumbling huff, sounding like a Cream Wolf.

"Crunchy Chip, what is the matter?" He grumbled as he put his pen down.

"May we come in? Caramel Arrow and I have a personal complaint." He asked.

"Fine, fine, come in. I won't stop you." He sighed before taking his glasses off and putting them in his desk's drawer.

The door opened to show Crunchy Chip, a young Cream Wolf Pup in his arms and Caramel Arrow looming over. A cold face was plastered on Caramel Arrow.

"What has gotten you two to complain? And what has caused that face, Caramel Arrow?" That face was recognisable when it came from Caramel Arrow. It almost always did Dark Cacao fear something when he saw it.

They entered, not answering the questions as they pulled their seats out and sat down. Crunchy Chip sinking into the comfortable pillows as the Cream Wolf Pup curled up on his lap.

"We would like to formal complain about a Citadel Resident." Caramel Arrow began, looking into Dark Cacao's eyes, full of frustration and tension.

"And that resident is?" He questioned as he leaned against his desk, head resting on his hands.

"Well, how may we explain..." Crunchy Chip continued, looking at Caramel Arrow.

"I understand, Affogato may... still be 'readjusting' to the Citadel for a change. But, I think it's time we... recieve an apology for his... 'It's totally not suspicious' behaviour from before." Caramel Arrow explained as she crossed her arms, her foot gently tapping the floor.

"I understand what you mean, but as he's still trying to acquaint -"

"Let me cut you off, real quick, Boss. We need those apologies. We can't work in an environment where a traitor is allowed back into the gates with no apologies to anyone, especially you, sir. He must've crawled his way into your mind like he did before. Manipulating you into trusting him only to backstab once again and properly send this Kingdom back into the madness of the oven!" Crunchy Chip began, going on one of his long tangents.

Caramel Arrow sat there, preparing to add her part. Dark Cacao could do nothing but slouch back into his seat to hear the growing and annoying complaints of his employees.

"He walked past me the other day, telling me to keep my NASTY Cream Wolf away from him! He has appeared to have gone back to his own behaviour roots. Poor little Brittle Choco never deserved such disrespect!" Crunchy Chip's pets on his Cream Wolf Pup began to get firmer the angrier he got.

"May I add he keeps distracting me when I'm training the other watchers so they don't make a mistake! And he keeps nagging me about the time I failed you in a mission years ago. I'm surprised he even remembers it in such detail! And still, no single apology in sight from that selfish arrogant traitorous Scum of a snake!" Caramel Arrow began her tangent, Dark Cacao let out a sigh, knowing this exact treatment and feeling from him.