Chapter 2. Home, At Last

Dark Cacao awoke, feeling more alive than he has had the past days or so. He lost track after the 2nd day.

Affogato was at his desk again, mumbling to himself as he signed more forms and documents.

"We need more cabins. And with the new doughling, the flavour being Chocolate Milkshake, the tribe has no milk cookies in it. I wonder what we have been cursed with..." He mumbled as he wrote, a candle lighting up his desk.

Dark Cacao got up from the bed, able to walk better than he had before. The rest really helped with the healing process.

He walked over to the desk, frightening Affogato in the process.

"Ah! My liege, everything okay." Affogato looked at him, a lightly illuminated face looked over at him.

Piercing amethyst eyes stared at him, his hands on the desk. A light shine of stubble glistened from the candle.

"What time is it..." He asked, staring at the coffee Cookie's pupils.

He sighed before checking his watch, looking back up at the tall cookie, "22:34. Also known as 10:34." He smiled.

"How long have I been asleep for..." He coughed.

"Well, as of when you last woke up to use the toilet and eat, around 5 hours. Are you feeling more refreshed as of earlier?" He asked before getting up.

"Yes... I can walk and stand, better than before. Now, when can I go back to the Kingdom?" He grumbled as he crossed his arms.

"When it's safe enough for you to go, and that wound of yours is gone, or almost. I wouldn't be so surprised if it scars. Those cuts were deep, and I almost saw your organs. Scary, isn't it? I still have no clue what that creature is," He'd point over to a pile of opened books, "but I have a lot of research to do." He sighed, shaking his head.

"Whatever it is. I want it exterminated! And I want to be in my bed, not some feeble liars bed!" He growled before slamming his fists on the desk.

"Oi! If I wasn't for me, you'd be nothing but crumbs! Be glad I decided to save you." He groaned as he looked at his papers.

Dark Cacao sighed, cracking his neck before walking over to the pile of books, beginning to look at each one with curiosity.

"It seems a lot like a creature I've had to battle before..." He mumbled before sitting down at the pile.

"Well, I'm more worried for my tribe than your Kingdom. But, I will do my best for the entire Dark Cacao land." Affogato sighed before walking over, his boots tapping against the floorboards.

"Do you require a refreshment or a warm meal before going back to rest." He asked, looking at the King.

"I wouldn't mind another drink. No coffee, nor hot chocolate. I'm fine with just a tea." He ordered.

Affogato nodded before walking off, heading downstairs to get the meal.

Dark Cacao stared at the pile before getting up, heading over to the window.

He pulled the curtains open before looking out at the tribe.

Affogato's Cabin was on a hill, looking over all of the Disciple's cabins.

A statue of Affogato was in the middle, standing on a fountain like pedestal. The main needs of a tribe were around the statue, followed by the cabins around it. Streetlights lighting up a dark coloured path.

Dark Cacao walls were built around it, with a mout on both sides, stopping any trespassers. Followed by guards always watching on the outskirts of the tribe, watching out for the creature and cookies who dare enter.