o.MTM.2

morpheus times two

"There is something sticking to your chest." The man had taken a step back, shocked and confused at the sight of his close friend. She was the same one who had not spoken to him nor visited him for months, and yet she had suddenly came knocking at his door. He could not decide who to look at, the woman or the recently born infant resting in her arms. "Dalnim, are you aware of that?"

The Goddess giggled, her cheeks becoming a gentle pink as she revealed her teeth through a wide smile. And, that was all that was needed. The world quickly lit up around him, and as though he was facing the moon itself, she had started to emit a radiant glow. The moon had always sparkled, but the woman behind it was the true beauty. "You have always been the funny one, out of all the Gods, Morpheus."

"Well, I am not quite trying to make you laugh during this very moment, and rather, I am hoping that you will explain to me exactly why there is a tiny child feeding off of you?" His hand hovered over the handle of his door, and his mind had started to clog with questions. 'Should I invite them in? Is that her baby, for sure? Who is the father, oh my God, who is the father?'

In a single movement, Dalnim swiftly tugged at a piece of fabric that was resting over her shoulder. The soft animal hide from a successful hunt was a prized possession of the infant's father and was one of the many things gifted to him before and after his birth, the fluff of the fur was completely draped over the child and even some of Dalnim herself. His heart pinged as he watched the natural born mother, and a pinch of regret followed close behind. "It is a bit cold out today," she told him, and a visible chill shook at her arms.

Morpheus fumbled, clasping the handle and turning it, pushing in his front door to reveal a much warmer temperature. The scent of lavender and chamomile tea lingered in the air, enveloping the powerful beings instantly. He rushed out his words as he motioned for her to come in, doing everything but grab her by the shoulders and shove her through the entrance, "Yes. I am so sorry. Please, do come in."

She whisked herself in as though she was a trained ballerina, delicately spinning, and she basked in the warmth of the home. Sighing contently, she said, "It is the same as I remember it."

"It is not like you have been gone for hundreds of years, Dalnim." Morpheus shoved the door back into its place, closing it as quietly as he could to not upset the baby feeding. If he knew anything about young children, it was to not wake them up when they were peacefully sleeping. In his defense, most of the time when he appeared, the nearby mortals were already asleep. "Maybe if you were gone longer, then more things would have been changed, but everything has mostly stayed the same. Although, I have gotten new bedding."

"Oh, have you?" She asked, removing the cover and Morpheus noticed how she was lightly shaking the baby in her arms as she breastfed. And, Morpheus watched as a minuscule arm slithered up and gripped at her shoulder, or at least tried to. The tiny fingers fell against the skin under her collarbone, and flicked frenetically as they tried to wrap around something. Dalnim brushed the hand gently with the pad of her finger, and soon she was holding the small fist in her much larger hand.

"You have a baby," Morpheus' voice came out low, just above a whisper.

"I do." She looked up at him, and they locked gazes. Dalnim had an ocean for eyes, and the waves were pushing and racing as Morpheus stared into them. He was growing lost amongst the captivating shade of blue. Nobody would expect less from the woman of the moon.