MTM.16

indecisive or a liar?

Slowing down my pace, I held onto the side of the stairs handle as I walked down the steps. Holding on for dear life as I desperately tried to keep the extra length of my current clothing from dropping, and taking me with it. My heart nearly leaping out of my chest at every sound that I heard, either it's going to be Annora popping out at me and dragging me back into the room or it's going to Morpheus.

Practically sliding down the steps, the realization that I had no idea where I was going finally hit me. Like a ton of bricks. You really don't think things through, I scolded myself, you really out here thinking you know everything. You don't have your tour guide here now, do you? Do you see a tall queen called Viviana? No. Do you see her guy hanging off her arm? No. And, what about your main man Johnny? No.

My bare feet smacked against the ground, the heavy fabric was pulled up into my arms as I watched my every step with the eyes of a hawk, not letting even an inch of the robe thing touch the ground in case I go flying from just trying to walk. Oh, how I long to take this off. Well, what's stopping you? Right, the fact that my own clothes is not under it. Whatever, easy solution, I will get out of here and go straight home. Yeah, yeah, good plan.

An itch had started to bother my chest, even my collarbone started begging to be scratched. I slipped my hand underneath the fabric from the top, gently scraping what was left of my fingernails at the quickly burning skin. My head ached ever so slightly as I started to feel a sliver of annoyance, my burning skin toughening up so that it didn't pain me as much as I thought it would.

Gently slapping my heated face as I wandered through the hallway, glancing at the many pictures on the wall. Photos of pack members lined up for pictures to be remembered for acts of what, winning? Winning wars? Defeating other packs? I don't know what they do here. I did, however, recognize someone, the old Alpha. He stood up straight in the picture as he posed next to the massive pack house, he wasn't much older than me now, but at eighteen I couldn't imagine gaining so much control. But, for the life of me, I can't remember his name. Viviana would know, wait, should I know?

"Oh, sugar," I groaned as I felt a familiar sensation go through my body, and like a wave it engulfed me. A burn had coated my body, but it wasn't overpowering, just uncomfortable. A loud, booming voice went through the hallway. Sounds very familiar.

Rushing, I speed walked right to the open door, stopping just inches away before I could potentially be seen, or in this case caught. I slowly placed my back against the wall as I listened in, feeling better already. Silence was all that was there, I felt that if I breathed too loud then I would be instantly discovered. But, it almost felt like a weight had been lifted, and that made eavesdropping seem a bit better.

"Right," a voice spoke up, perking up my ears as I leaned closer towards the sound of a familiar man, the old Alpha. "I understand. Did you see the books that was left on the shelf? They all hold valuable information about what has happened over the years, anything you would need to know is on that shelf."

A hum of satisfaction followed, successfully calming down my nerves. "I had a look at one. The one by-" he stopped. "Leo, that is your name, correct?"

"Ah, yes," Leo, the old Alpha, answered, "that is my name."

"You remind me of Leander," Morpheus told him, "he was a good Beta, and I'm sure he played the part of a good Alpha, as well."