MTM.10

another nightmare

My hands wrapped around his arm, pulling at him while I watched Johnny's tired gaze flicker between the two of us, both of his brown eyes filling up with tears as he choked on his words. The sparks that I shared with Morpheus erupted along my hands, and it travelled fast through my entire body, but the longer my palms stayed planted onto his bare skin, the faster I was becoming used to the comfort that the sparks gave off.

Stuck between a bunch of unintelligible words and gurgles, the only thing Johnny could do was sit there choking on his last few breaths. It seemed as though that every second he had left of air, he would spend them quickly by trying his hardest to get out a desperate plea of help.

I don't understand, it was the only thought I had. Johnny was strong, he was supposed to be strong.

The world spun around me, and all at once I felt things crashing down.

"Please!" The word scratched against my throat like rocks as I screamed it at Morpheus, "Please, stop!"

Morpheus's large hand only tightened against Johnny's throat as he let out a low growl in response. His top lip curled upwards as he let the tips of his fingernails transform into sharp claws, digging into Johnny's throat easily. My words only seemed to make him angrier than he already was.

Johnny scraped at Morpheus's strong hands, scratching at his arms in hopes of making him stop, but Morpheus showed no mercy, not even when his prey's blood began dripping down his neck in quick, thin lines of crimson.

A cry bubbled in my throat, I could only make a blubber of words, "Joh-Johnny!"

The room was as black as night, the only light source was the bit of it from the lit up hallway that was shining in through the busted down door. However, you could still see the way Johnny's lips were quivering, twisting painfully as they turned a sickening colour of corpse blue.

I pushed my chest against the arm that held Johnny in a tight, killing hold, but it didn't move at all, not even by an inch. All too quick, it moved on its own.

Morpheus pulled Johnny up once again, holding him higher against the wall, and I watched as Johnny let out a distressing, gasp-like noise as he was shoved harder into the wall. In one single movement Morpheus had thrown him off to the side as if he was a rag doll, and had his body slammed against the ground harshly. For some reason I couldn't help thinking that he was holding back, or at least trying to.

My head snapped to Johnny's direction, I let out a sigh of relief as I seen that he now had his hand wrapped around his own throat as soon as he no longer felt that smothering pain in his lungs, finally taking in a fresh breath as his chest heaved up and down.

The man standing in front of me turned, his usual hypnotizing, green eyes locking onto mine, but they weren't what I was expecting because instead I was greeted with cold, flickering black orbs.

A scream ripped through my throat at the sight of them, and my back hit against the wall while I violently kicked my feet out in front of me like I was in a race, the blanket falling off my body as I scrambled to get away. Pinning myself to the wall, I screamed bloody murder as I saw Morpheus turn towards me with his head slightly tilted to the side as he watched my every move.

His body had moved so that I could see the front of him, his wide shoulders still noticeable as he hunched over, his arms coming up to crawl onto the bed, and he slowly started inching towards me as though he was getting ready to pounce, stalking me like I was his prey.