MTM.15

annora the aide

Laid still, I sunk deeper into the blankets, obviously freshly changed, and yet they still managed to match the rooms ancient aesthetic. Surprised there's no wolf skin rug on the ground, wait, would that be the same as me having a human skin rug? I shook my head and focused on something a little less morbid. The original stone coated the walls, wooden boards helping to hold it up as they were hammered together over the ceilings and the corners. The pack had fixed up the place, Viviana said that they do renovations after every few years when needed, but it almost looked like they barely changed anything. It was still old-fashioned, almost as if they didn't want to rearrange it too much, but they still needed it to be functional up to today's standards.

Especially this room.

It wasn't like a normal room, there was no door but just an entrance to a hallway. I've heard before that Alpha's always have a room at the top of their pack house, and it's always a full level of the home, but it's not as big as the other floors. I didn't know what was out there past the hallway, oh sugar, I didn't even know what was in the full length of the hallway.

I don't think this place has been lived in for a while, I thought, especially since the old Alpha wasn't the 'true' one.

I crossed my arms behind my head and looked around the giant area, there was no TV or anything that looked remotely new-ish, but there was a bookshelf that looked newer than the rest of the things in his room.

Throwing my legs over the side, I walked towards it and skimmed over the titles of the old, leather feeling books with my fingers. Small and big. Dust had coated the edges of each one, and evolved into a thick layer of dirt. "Gross," I muttered to myself as I crumbled the dirt between my two fingers, watching as it fell to the floor.

When was the last time this place was cleaned?

I stuck my head towards the empty slot, the biggest book out of them all was missing, and it left a gaping hole. Humming to myself, I couldn't help but continue to trace my fingers along the walls and the furniture as I went around the room. Bored out of my mind.

Soft footsteps echoed throughout the whole floor, bouncing off the walls gently as the floorboards squeaked before I had turned around to see a woman stop in the entrance of the room. Her hair was pulled up into a tight bun that sat at the top of her head, her glowing blonde hair still bright. She held a covered, fancy tray up as she looked at me with wide, twinkling blue eyes, and a small smile on her lips.

"Uh," I started, my eyes darting back and forth between her and the tray that held what I assumed was food, the thought of eating something made my stomach growl. Chill out, man. "Hello?"

"Oh!" She startled herself before she pushed forward with her own form of adrenaline, rushing over to a big, wooden desk that was pressed up to one of the empty walls. "I'm so sorry, Miss Luna! I can't believe I froze up there, but you're just so pretty that I couldn't help myself!"

I placed my hands up to my chest, fiddling with my fingers as I tried my hardest to stop from smiling. "Oh, well, thank you," I blushed as I talked to her, "you're very pretty, too."

That caught me off guard, I told myself, but I'm quite flattered.

Composing myself from my tinge of embarrassment, I asked, "No problem or anything, I mean you seem to have brought food so big points there, but who are you?"