MTM.32

guilty

I flicked the glowing green button upwards, and Viviana's shrill voice flew through the screen faster than I could even answer, let alone utter a greeting. "Oh my Goddess! You would not believe who just passed me in the hall!" In the middle of her lengthy speech, she cursed herself, something that she would repeat often when she became passionate and started to speak ten words every second. Her rants were always messy. "Oh, wait, don't listen to me! That's a bit of a lie, because he did it at least thirty minutes ago, but it still counts. Because, either way, he looked mad!" She emphasized her last word, and it came out sounding more so like a stretched out 'mahd'.

"Viv-"

"This is insane. I've done a lot of research on him, but now that he's actually right in front of me, I feel straight up creepy. I am honestly his top stalker, which is saying a lot considering I recently found out he has a whole fan group," she spoke excitedly, proud of her findings. "But, that is not the main topic right now, and we will talk about that later. Anyway, he really came out with this 'I'm ready to kill' look! He stomped down that hallway like nothing I've ever seen before. And, I'll be honest with you, at first I thought that maybe it was because of you. I know my girl ain't easy, and he got to work for it, but I just figured that he was in one of those 'wish my mate liked me' moods. But, get this, as I followed him farther down the hall he met up with recently demoted Beta Leo, and that's another hot cup of tea that I need to spill with you! Okay, so, the first words out of his mouth-" she deepened her tone, "'this better be important or else I'll rip off your-'"

Viviana's hard to ignore voice seemed to only double in volume as soon as I pulled my phone away from my ear. Her rambling had even reached the surprised blonde who was shaking at the idea of overhearing a conversation of mine that was deemed private, yet to me it was not a problem at all.

The aura that she gave off was sweet, like strawberry gummies.

Annora resembled a deer caught in headlights, staring down the items in her hands as she hurried in her spot. I casted my gaze to her, shaking my head playfully at her reaction. The simple interaction thankfully brought her back to her cheerful self, and she continued cleaning up the dishes without an ounce of worry. I mouthed to her a 'thank you'.

Annora flashed me her signature smile, tilting her head to the side as she rested her chin on her shoulder. I pointed towards the door, and gave her a small goodbye wave as I stood up from the chair. Next to the door was a neat line of my clean, summer shoes. I quickly grabbed a pair of sandals that were once stored away on the top shelf of my closet, but Morpheus had clearly torn that out and shoved all of its contents into my small suitcase.

Annora might be one of the nicest out of all the people I have ever met in my short life, but I needed an opinion that only a best friend can give.

Viviana carried on while I slipped out the door. Suspiciously eyeing the heavily decorated hallway before it ended and was replaced with a set of stairs. I kept my phone up to my ear, listening in as I tried to maneuver my way through the pack house. Every once and a while, if I paid extra attention to her instead of my feet, I could hear a few of her fuller statements.

"Who would have guessed, my Emery with this man? I won't lie, I dreamed of the day that you would come to live in the pack house with me, but I would have thought an Omega for a mate, at the most. They're the least threatening out of all of them. But, if we're getting real truthful, I thought that Max and I would just adopt you and Johnny. For sure. Yeah. That's what I really imagined for us. I dreamt about it once. Picture this, we all live in a cottage farther west of the pack territory, and we live our lives baking bread. Moral of the story, Alpha Morpheus is literally the biggest plot twist I have ever witnessed in my whole, entire life."