MTM.13

don't let me in

The window, however, was much smaller than expected.

My body soared through the window as I pushed myself out as far as I could go, leaping like I was some kind of jungle cat and not someone who runs out of breath after walking up too many stairs. Yes, just literal steps. But, as my hips pulled into the window that seemed to shrink once I got closer, like a real, true optical illusion, it clamped down and kept me locked there. Like a mouse falling for one of those cheese traps, only in this case the bait was my freedom and I was now struggling to get to it.

And, I certainly did not expect to get stuck.

"Oh, sugar. Oh, sugar. Oh, sugar," I whined, and continued to repeat it as I kept wiggling in place. Out of all the windows in the room, I choose the smallest one.

The breeze of the outside wind smacked against my face, and the fact that I was so high up didn't help as it felt as though it was getting stronger, colder. Although, I couldn't help but feel a bit of relief that the noise from inside the room was now drowned out by the vicious sounds of the wind as it blew easily through the surrounding trees on the land. Whistling as it got closer.

My heart pounded in my chest, beating harshly against my ribcage. Lub-dub. Lub-dub. Lub-dub. While my hands gripped at the side of the opening and I tried to push at it with all my strength, pounding my palms against the hard, brick window sill. Stretching my short body out until I practically popped myself out from the narrow window, like a panicking seal that was wobbling along.

A smile painted itself onto my sickly pale face, even though it felt like I was seconds away from tossing all my cookies, and I began to crawl down. Slow and steady. My hands placed themselves safely against the only ledge I had to possibly grip onto, and I pushed the thoughts of dying aside, no matter how much those dark images were starting to really get to me. Sure, I may have overestimated myself, but what is the better option? Here, throw yourself at a powerful, human hating, wolf-god and hope for the best, it's not like he's known to be an evil murderer or something. Or, you could try to take a shot at climbing out the window, crawling down each level, and landing safely on the ground like they do in the movies.

My choices were beginning to both sound terrible, so I put them into two categories, get your head literally crushed into nothing or fall splat against the ground into a bundle of nothing. Becoming nothing seemed like my only outcome. A small twig hitting my cheek snapped me out of my thoughts, no more thinking about falling to my death. Gulping down the ball of fear that had lodged itself in the back of my throat, my fabric covered knees scraped against the harsh touch of the bricks as I continued to move forward, away from the window.

Just as my last foot was about to get out of sight, and away from that chance of danger. Ready to swing my leg over. A hand latched onto my ankle, hauling me back in one successful yank, and I was officially on my way back into the room that I did not want to be in. That was proved during my shot of adrenaline when I picked jumping out of a window over staying in his room.

My knees slammed against the bricks as they were dragged back, the fabric on them ripped ever so slightly as I could feel the fresh scratches split open the skin on my legs, stinging. I held on as tight as I could, only managing to continue to hurt myself in the process as my hands felt the same rip and tear.

I could feel the unwanted pressure of claws digging into my ankles, going underneath the long cloak-like outfit, and pulling me closer to him. The pain and fear I felt was enough to cover the feeling of the mate bond, but no matter what, I knew who was there.