💔Nightmares💔

This takes place after the end of kings tide.

⚠️Trigger Warnings⚠️
*Suicidal thoughts
*Attempted Suicide
*Insomnia
*Mentions of self harm
*Abuse
*Won't make sense unless you've watched Kings Tide.

It was raining outside and I was staring at the rain before being pushed out. It felt like I was being burnt alive every time a drop hit my skin. I fell to the ground as the rain continued to hit me. I was forced to wear a sleeveless shirt with shorts and nothing else, so I was completely exposed to the rain. All I could think to do was to face the ground to try to keep my face from getting hit. The pain was unbearable, I hated every second of it and just wanted it to stop.

"This is what you get for failing me again Hunter. Don't do it again."

I shot up and breathed heavily. I had another nightmare. It was normal for me to wake up in the middle of the night because of nightmares but I couldn't stop shaking. The worst part was that it was a memory, not something made up. I had still been a scout at the time, and Belos was punishing me for my second failure in the same month. I could remember how much the rain hurt, how it took me a week before I recovered enough to continue work. Even then I still had marks for the next month and a half. And it was just the first time.

I looked over at the others. We had decided to sleep in the living room. All 5 of us were trapped in the human world now. It was my fault too, at least partially. I had helped prepare for the Day of Unity, I had helped rebuild the portal, I had given Belos the key with titans blood. If I wasn't around maybe this wouldn't have happened. Maybe they would all be happy with their families instead of trapped in the human realm.

I wasn't even real. I was a grimwalker, a copy of someone else. A fake. They probably wouldn't even want me around after they found out. Yah no one wants a fake person around, especially one who helped make bad things happen. Maybe I should just get it over with and stop burdening the others with someone who helped this happen.

I silently got out of my sleeping bag. Sneaking into the kitchen and looking around until I found a knife. Then I snuck to the bathrooms. Once I got there I locked the door and sat down on the floor. I took off my gloves revealing the scars covering them. The stress of being the Golden Guard had sometimes been to much, and I had already been keeping a knife in my room in case anything happened. The scars on my hands were a result of my destressing method. I stared at them for a while before getting ready. As I was about to put the knife against my skin there was loud knocking causing me to jump violently and drop the knife. Leading to it loudly clattering onto the floor.

"Hunter is that you? What was that noise?" I heard a familiar voice whispering through the door. Shit, Luz must've noticed my absence.

"Nothing!" I whisper yelled quickly picking up the knife and hiding it. Quickly putting back on my gloves afterwards.

"Are you sure? that was really loud." I heard her whisper.

"Yah, I jumped when you knocked and accidentally dropped what I was holding!" I told her quickly and quietly making sure she wouldn't see the knife if the door was opened.

"Can I come in?" I heard her ask quietly.

"Yah, let me unlock the door." I unlocked it and sat back down on the floor as she came in and closed the door.

"I heard some noise in the kitchen, and when I got up you were missing. What was that about?" She whisper asked me.

"Oh it's nothing, I had a nightmare and couldn't fall back asleep." I whispered hoping she wouldn't notice I was avoiding the question.

She looked unconvinced.

"What was the nightmare about?" She asked softly, I was relieved she wasn't pressing the subject of the last question. But not excited about the new one.

"A memory."

"About?"

"A time I failed my missions twice in one month."

"What happened?"

"I was punished."

"What was the punishment?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Can I guess? And if I get it right you'll tell me."

"Mhm."

I watched as she went silent, seemingly thinking about what to guess.

"Was it physical?"

"Yes."

"Does it have to do with your face scar or ear?"

"No."

"Did it hurt?"

"Yes."

"Were you the Golden Guard during this?"

"No."

She was silent.

"Does it have to do with rain?"

"Yes."

"Did you have to stand out in the rain?"

"Y-" I choked on my words and just nodded.

She looked horrified at this.

"Are there any lasting scars?"

"No."

She breathed out a sigh of relief.

"How about we go to bed?"

"Ok."

------------------------------------------------------------------
857 words. Pretty good if I do say so myself. I'm still working on the fluff chapter but it'll be out tomorrow. Byeeeeeeeeee.