OO3. MAGNETS AND MINDS

CHAPTER THREE. *ೃ༄
❝ MAGNETS & MINDS. ❞

 ❞

"Do you think your parents are alive?"

Poet glanced at Diego from their shared bed, watching as he put on a shirt while staring at her. She thought about it before shaking her head, disagreeing without him.

"I don't think so," she shrugged. "I never came across any family members. I was always careful because I assumed it would have some type of impact on the future. And let's clarify that they didn't adopt, so their deaths would've been normal."

"True," Diego sighed. "I just... I can't believe Dad really adopted other kids because of what happened in the 60's. He is such an asshole. It was better when he was dead."

"Mmm, I agree," Poet nodded, lips pursed. Diego sat next to her and she rested her head on his shoulder. They both stayed silent.

"What's going on between Five and Paris?" Diego mumbled, hands intertwining with hers. "I can see that smart brain of yours thinking hard every time you see them."

"My nephew deserves the best," Poet answered, looking off. "I'm happy he discovered his sexuality because of Five but... Five has the idea of my nephew from the future and when they were the same age. Five is literally 58, his 13-year-old body is substituting for his real body. Paris is a child."

"I can see your point," Diego commented. "I'd rather Paris find someone who is not mentally 58, comes from my family, and is a psycho like Five."

Poet chuckled at her boyfriend's words and he laughed with her, just enjoying the silence of right now. But she sighed when she eyed her hands, red hue surrounding her fingers, as she remembered someone.

"I do have to admit something..." She started. Diego looked down at her, a hum escaping her lips. "If my parents had me, they probably already had—"

"Aunt Poet," Paris immediately came in, looking around the room fast. His eyes stopped as he came across his aunt who stood up straighter. "She's here."

"Who is?" Diego furrowed his eyebrows, but he didn't get an answer other than Poet standing up and leaving the room. He quickly followed after the Capulets, clearly confused at the sudden interruption.

Poet and Paris forgot about Paris's speed as they now sped walk towards the mysterious person, also forgetting that Diego followed after them. Heading into the lobby, they came across a green haired girl who had Klaus in a headlock, said man choking and slapping her hand.

Reading Diego's loud thoughts and knowing him, Poet glanced at him. "Diego, no."

But she was, obviously, too late as Diego immediately threw his knife towards the girl. The green haired girl's reflexes were fast, just like the Capulets own, as she immediately stopped the knife heading towards her head, bending the blade.