CHAPTER EIGHT ━ OUTTA HERE

(𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.) 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄
❝ I MISS YOU SWEETS. ❞

🌂

🌂

"You know, I'm starting to get the feeling Dad's avoiding us."

Diego, Five, and Lila watched Reginald's car driving away. After unsuccessfully trying to get attention and trying to stop him, the brothers felt defeated at watching him leave.

Lila sighed. "Hate to be the boring one, guys, but, uh, it's time we get the hell out of here."

Just as she was walking away and was expecting the two to follow her, Five spoke up, "When you say "we," who exactly are you referring to?" He questioned.

"Not a lot of ambiguity in that sentence," she commented.

"Listen, I don't know who you are," Five continued, "or where you came from, but whatever it is, I'd advise you return posthaste."

"She's right, Five," Diego mumbled, not even wanting to admit that the girl was right. "We gotta get outta here."

"I just saved your life, you kinder-shit," Lila said, glaring at Five. Five glared right back. "If I hadn't stepped in, all that would be left of you is a blazer and some bloody socks."

"And that's the problem," Diego watched the two, playing with the necklace—Elliott had so kindly given him a chain—that had Poet's ring on it. "You're too good. You ask too many questions. You know too much. And you fight like you know what you're doing."

"He's got a point."

"So I know how to handle myself," Lila argued, "and that makes me the bad guy?"

"Whoever you are," Five started, "you're in my way. If I see you again, I will kill you. Along with two other powerful people who can slowly kill you so, so painfully."

He walked away, leaving Diego and Lila alone.

Walking away, Lila turned around to look at Diego. "Diego, we need to go."

"I was getting my ass handed to me back there," he said, ignoring her words. "You helped Five, not me, your friend. Why?"

"Because he's a kid and you're a man," the short-haired woman answered. "Bloody act like one." Diego simply nodded and walked away, not even giving her a glance. He clutched the ring tighter in his hand, Poet coming into mind again like she's been doing. "Diego, I... I... I shouldn't—"