CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT ━ TELL HIM TO HEAL ME

(chapter twenty-eight.) tell him to heal me
❝ YOU JUST WARMED UP TO ME, PEACHES. ❞

 ❞

POET AND DIEGO WERE FOLLOWING AFTER THE MAN NAMED HAZEL, both of them the only ones awake as Klaus and Paris were out. Poet puffed out her cheeks, looking around and Diego looked at her through the rear view mirror.

"So..." Diego started, clearing his throat, "are you feeling okay? I can drop you off at the house so you can rest. Because I can do that if you want, I can take you—"

"I'm fine, Diego," Poet chuckled, placing a strand of hair behind her ear. "Really. Let's just follow the man and I'll go with you to defeat them or some shit."

"Nope," Diego shook his head, looking out the window and swerving. "No, mmm-mmm. You're not going with me, you're staying in the car. I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Diego," Poet groaned, her head falling back. "I'm fine. Like the I'm-ready-to-beat-someone's-ass type of fine. But fine, if it makes you feel better then I'll stay in the car. I'm just going to step in when they're shooting at you."

"Fine," Diego said, parking not so far from the people. "But if you get shot, I'm gonna tell Paris not to heal you."

"Sure you would," the girl scoffed, looking out the window as she felt Paris' head land on her shoulder. "You couldn't even try, Diego. You'll instantly tell him to heal me, and Paris loves me too much. But, you will instantly tell him to heal me."

"You just warmed up to me, peaches," Diego smirked at her and Poet rolled her eyes playfully at the new nickname the man had given her now. He then sing-song the nickname. "Peaches."

"How many more nicknames are you gonna give me?" Poet questioned, raising an eyebrow. A smile was on Diego's lips as she looked at him and he glanced at her before looking at the two people heading towards their motel room.

"I have multiple, babe," he chuckled before turning off the car and getting out. He leaned down so he could look at her, pointing a finger at her. "Don't come out, alright?"

"I know, Diego."

With a last warning look, Diego walked away, heading straight to the peoples' car. Poet furrowed her eyebrows when she saw him disappear in a matter of seconds but immediately panicked when she came to find the man, Hazel, staring right at Diego. Poet sighed, already knowing that this was gonna go to shit.

Diego came in the car, sitting down as he looked over at the only awake brunette. They both stared at each other before they both looked away, looking up at the window where the two people that they were looking for had been staring at them, too.

"Bingo."

"I don't think this is a good idea," Poet wanted to say but she knew that Diego would wave away her concerned thoughts and still do what he was about to do. But instead the words, "Killing isn't gonna make it better, Diego. After all, I'm fine. I'm alive. I'm breathing" came out of her mouth.