CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO ━ LET ME DIE IN PEACE

(chapter twenty-two.) let me die in peace
❝ I'M JUST KIDDING. I'M NOT DYING... NOT YET...❞

☂

POET GAVE UP ON STRUGGLING AGAINST THE ROPES AND TRIED TO stay awake to be able to help Klaus escape and can manage to leave. She was worried that she wasn't going to live soon and will fail to protect Klaus from the people that were torturing her. She was currently stuck in a closet with Klaus, both taped. She was struggling to use her telekinesis on turning to doorknob around and hopefully find something that will make her get them out of the ropes.

She jumped suddenly when Klaus screamed, the sound muffled by the tape that was placed on his mouth. She looked at him and then at Ben, who was calling out his name. She groaned softly, sitting up straighter as she kicked Klaus in the shin.

He opened his eyes, screams still slipping from his lips. Poet's droopy eyes stared right back at his scared one, nodding her head slowly at him. Ben, clearly knowing what the woman wanted to say, leaned closer to Klaus' ear.

"Breathe," Klaus let out loud whimpers and just by watching him squirming around, Poet went back to struggling to against the ropes, noticing that her skin was turning red just by doing so. But if her skin kept turning like that, it was worth it, she just wanted Klaus to stop facing the dead people by himself and go back to her nephew. "You're in the worst of it now. Just try and stay calm."

Poet immediately perked up, though, when she heard the vacuum. She looked at Klaus who stared right back at her immediately and they both screamed as loud as they could, shouting until their throats started to hurt.

"She can't hear you both," Julian said, popping up. He stared at his sister with pity and Poet looked down at her lap, tears slightly blurring her vision before she blinked them away and ignored yet again the wounds in her stomach and shoulder. Klaus continued screaming, not noticing how the girl's breath slightly slowed down.

"You know what the worst part of being dead is?" Ben asked. "You're stuck. Nowhere to go. Nowhere to change. That's the real torture, if you gotta know. Watching your brother take for granted everything you lost and pissing it all away. And now, we gotta watch a girl die in front of us, in front of you, just because she was protecting you."

"Yes, I fucking get it," Poet breathed out groaning softly as she tried to sit up to look at the siblings who were already staring at her. "If you even mention that I'm about to die I swear I'm gonna choke your spirit ass, Ben."

"Please don't."

"You idiot!"

"What?"

Poet looked around the darkened closet, her breath quickening when she heard the two come inside the motel room. She gulped, moving from her slumping position to a straighter position to come across week.