CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE ━ HE'S NOT ONLY GONNA KILL ME

(chapter thirty-five.) he's not only gonna kill me
❝ BUT THIS SON OF BITCH IS GOING TO KILL...❞

☂

POET AND DIEGO WALKED BACK TO THE CAR. Poet headed towards Paris, who was still inside the car, while Diego headed towards where Allison and Five were at, not so far from the car so they could keep a close eye on the 14-year-old kid.

"So..." Paris started, looking down at his backpack. "You're going to be murdered?"

Poet sighed because she, too, was afraid of what was going to happen to her. She was afraid of what Paris is going to go through and every possible thing that might happen. But she ignored those thoughts because she wanted to catch the asshole that was going to kill her.

"We won't let that happen," Five announced when he and the other two came from behind her. "I can't let that happen. I already saw you dead, I don't need to see you dead again."

"Am I next to her?" Paris asked, looking at Five in the eye. The 14-year-old boy shook his head immediately. "Never mind. Don't say anything."

"But we can promise that when we do catch this guy, we'll stop him from causing the apocalypse and causing the death of Poet," Diego confirmed, staring at the girl. Allison nodded along his words.

"I won't have another amazing assistant like you," she said, smiling a little at her friend. "We can't let anything happen to you, which is the reason why Diego will go everywhere with you, except the bathroom of course. We all agreed on it."

Poet nodded because she had no choice. Diego would definitely not back out without some sort of argument and Poet didn't really want to deal with arguing right now. "So, what'd you guys find out about Harold Jenkins?"

"Harold Jenkins is Leonard Peabody," Allison answered, holding out the folder so Poet could read it herself. "The man that was with Vanya today."

"That's why I couldn't read his mind," Poet sighed, rubbing her forehead. "He would've known what my powers were and blocked his mind so I wouldn't find out about him. Smart ass."

"Also why he might've been staring at you a little too long," Diego breathed out, crossing his arms. Allison nudged him, mouthing 'Not the time for your jealousy right now.'

"Alright, get inside the car," Five said. "We're trespassing."

Getting out of the car, Poet looked around. Not so far away from where the five stood, a beautiful house, that none of them suspected that the man held responsible for something horrible would have, was there.

"Be careful, okay?" Allison covered her eyes from the sun as saw Diego heading towards the house. "We don't know what Peabody's capable of."

Paris sped away as the other four walked behind Diego, each of them eager to get their hands on the man responsible for an apocalypse and responsible for the death of a friend, an inspiration, and a lover.

"Yeah, he didn't seem dangerous when I first saw him," Diego said. Poet nodded because to be honest he didn't look dangerous. He looked eh and his glare just made her feel uneasy, but nothing else. "Looked kinda scrawny."

"Yeah, well, so are most serial killers and mass murderers," Allison commented before adding as she looked at Five. "Look at him."

"Thanks."

"Good point," Diego said, his eyes looking sround frantically for the blue-eyes boy that was usually stuck next to his aunt's side. He sighed in relief, though, when he saw Paris appear next to Poet's side. "So what's this guy want with Vanya?"

"I don't know," Five replied as Allison headed to the back to try to see if there was an easier way to get in. "How about we ask him after we kill him?"

Diego stuck out his hand, stopping the three without looking at them. Reading his mind, Poet sighed.

"Speed towards Allison, okay?" Paris nodded and sped away towards Allison, who managed to find a door opened. As soon as they walked in and appeared next to Allison's side, there was glass shattering and a thump that was heard throughout the house. 

The four, Five appeared next to them, headed towards the man on the floor, watching with amusement at the fact that he decided to break the door and not even try to check if the door was opened.

"Subtle," Allison let out as Five opened the door.

"You know the door was unlocked."

Poet chuckled before she and Paris helped Diego up from the floor.

"Yeah, well, my way works just fine," Diego said as he scrunched his face in pain and the Capulets let go of him. "Spread out. Yell if you, uh... you know, you're in trouble."

He walked away and the Capulets and the Hargreeves stared after him.

"Ah, inspiring leadership."

"One of the greats."

So, they parted ways with Poet and Paris checking the rooms, Allison checking the basement, and the other two checking what they wanted to check.

Their research only lasted a few minutes before they were all called by Allison.

"Guys, you need to see this."

Poet and Paris headed immediately towards where Allison was, and judging by the rapid footsteps going up to the stairs, the two knew that Diego and Five were running. When they got inside the basement, the Umbrella Academy's faces were not only burnt off, but also the Capulets. 

"All our faces are burnt off," Allison said. "Even yours Poet. I thought you mentioned that no one knew your real identities."

"No one does," Poet nodded. "Only a few trusted people know and a few enemies of my parents, for example your father, knew because my parents liked to brag about our process to your dad."

"Well, that's not creepy," Diego commented as he came to find toys and multiple articles about Poet and her brother. "This guy's got some serious issues. Shit."

"This was never about Vanya," Allison said as she realized something. "This was about us."

As soon as she finished, Five collapsed on the floor. The four immediately headed towards him.

"Five. Wh..." Allison squatted down and Paris did, too. "Wh... Blood."

Lifting up his shirt, they all came to find a gun shot wound that was slowly oozing out blood. Poet scrunched her nose in disgust whereas Paris didn't seem to wince not even a little because of his experience of coming to see wounds more drastic than his.

"Jesus, Five," Diego breathed out. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"You have to keep going," Five rasped out. "So... close."

Watching him close his eyes, Paris placed his hand on his stomach and slowly took away his pain. Allison was calling out his name to wake him up and Diego was checking for a pulse. But Poet stood up to cast the articles one more look before she came to find pictures of not only her, but Paris. Julian, suddenly appearing out of nowhere, saw, too, and looked at her with a worried look.

"What's wrong?" She looks over her shoulder and saw Diego standing up from his position. He stepped closer to her and looked at what she was looking.

"He's been stalking us," they both looked at the entire section and came to find more things. A picture of Poet and a piece of paper with a small description of her powers were next to it. They turned to look at Paris' and came to find the same thing. But, Poet's face wasn't the only face circled with red and black marker.

"What?" Diego placed a hand on her arm as he saw her clenching her fists and jaw.

"He's not only gonna kill me... but this son of a bitch is going to kill Paris as well."