CHAPTER NINE ━ PEACHES AND SWEETS

(𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎.) 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐒
❝ I THOUGHT I LOST YOU, SWEETS.❞

☂

"Vanya."

"I can't believe I have a sister... or two."

Vanya, along with Diego, ran down the stairs.

"Poet?" Diego reaches the girl, gingerly touching her cheek. His eyes glistened with tears and his bottom lip quivered slightly. "You're really here?"

"Who are you?" Poet questioned before a look of "confusion" overtook her face. At seeing Diego's confused expression, she started laughing a little, tears stinging her eyes. "I'm kidding. I'm kidding, peaches."

A tear fell out of Diego's eye and he wrapped his arms tightly around her frame. Poet hugged him back just as tightly, feeling his new facial hair tickling the nape of her neck while she ran her hands through his now long hair.

"I thought you were dead," his voice cracked, the two ignoring everything happening around them. He grabbed her hand and placed it on his chest where she could feel his heart speeding as fast as Paris's. "I-I th-thought I-I l-lost y-you."

"Oh, Diego," Poet furrowed her eyebrows, placing her other hand on top of his cheek. She ran her thumb over the apple of it and softly smiled. "Breathe in, babe. In and out." He did so, letting out shaky breaths, too, while a sad smile tilted on the corner of his lips. "No rush. Take your time."

"I thought I lost you, sweets," he sniffed. "I thought I lost you."

"Why?" She asked.

He shakily reached down to grab the piece of paper in his front pocket and unfolded it, handing it to her. He chewed on his bottom lip when he felt her fingertips brushing against his skin and watched her read the paper. She sighed at reading the same headline she had read on the paper Allison had given her.

"What?" Diego asked, eyebrows furrowed as he heard the sound she let out. Poet shook her head while chuckling a little. She turned to her side so he could see the paper and she pointed out the names at the bottom.

"It says right here that Nancy and John Capulet died, never Poet and Paris."

Diego immediately turned to look at Five. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"You should've read the entire thing, you idiot," Five squinted his eyes at him, receiving a nudge on the side by Paris. Five sighed a little before turning to look at his brother. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."