CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR ━ DETECTIVE PATCH

(chapter thirty-four.) detective patch
❝ HOW ARE YOU AND DIEGO? ❞

) detective patch❝ HOW ARE YOU AND DIEGO? ❞

POET, PARIS, AND ALLISON SAT IN THE BACK OF the car as they all ate whatever snack Paris had in his backpack, watching with confusement as Diego pulled up in a very familiar building.

"I know this Jenkins dude has to have a record," Diego spoke as he stopped the car and glance at the rearview mirror to stare at Poet, who was looking at the candy Paris had in his backpack. Noticing his stare, Allison stared at Paris, who stared right back, and Paris looked at Five, who nodded and smirked. "We gotta get our hands in this file."

"And your plan is to what? Waltz in there and just ask for it?" Allison questioned with her voice laced with sarcasm. 

"I know the station like the back of my hand, sis," Diego said, glancing out the window. "I've spent a lot of time inside."

"Handcuffed."

"Whatever," Diego simply said. "Here's the plan."

"Plan?" Five asked. "I'm just gonna blink in and get the file."

"No, that's not..." Diego shook his head at his brother. "You don't know the ins and outs of this place, okay?"

"I literally just did this yesterday," Diego let out a simple "what?" at his words before Five realized what he said. "My yesterday, not your yesterday. It'll take me two seconds. Why don't I just go?"

"Listen to me," Diego started, "You are not going in there. I made a call. That's what a leader does. He leads. And because Poet still needs to speak to Detective Patch about her kidnapping."

Diego out of the car before pointing at Allison and Five as Poet got out.

"Watch him," he said. referring to the smaller Capulet, who looked at him with an amused face. "He follows his aunt everywhere and this time I don't want him to follow after. He might trick you. Just saying."

Walking a little further away from the car, the two stood in front of each other, not knowing what to say for the first time. He grabbed her hands and pulled her closer to him.

"You go inside," he mumbled, his breath fanning her lips as he saw her nodding. "Don't reveal anything about the two. Don't even say anything about how you saw them and know how they look. The police don't know what we know so don't say anything that will give anything away."

Kissing him, she muttered on his lips. "Don't get caught."

"I'll try not to."

They separated ways and Poet watched him leave towards a dark alley. She looked away and looked at the entrance of the building where two cops stood in front of it and walked towards it.

She headed inside and looked around before heading towards the familiar Detective rummaging around the piece of paper scattered on her desk.

"Hey, Patch," Poet smiled, catching the attention of the woman. The Capulet sat down on the chair next to the woman's desk and looked back at the detective. "Any questions?"

"I have two questions," Patch answered. "How could you do that with your hands? Did you manage to see the two people without their masks?"

"I was born with these powers and no I did not manage to see who it was," Poet answered. "They were still wearing their masks when Diego's brother and I got kidnapped. And to answer your other question that you were about to ask, I didn't get kidnapped in the house I was staying on. I followed after them..."

"Poet..." Patch sighed, dropping her head and shaking it.

"What would Diego do as soon as he found out about their whereabouts?" Poet asked. "Kill them, right? Or possibly get hurt, right? I managed to get hurt despite having experience in killing people and such..." Noticing Patch watching the girl with a confused look, Poet scolded herself. "I shouldn't have said anything about that."

"How are you and Diego?" Patch asked, raising an eyebrow. Poet's smile vanished completely off her face and she puffed out her cheeks. "You guys kissed?"

"What?" Poet chuckled nervously. "No. What makes you think that? You're funny. But anyway, yeah, I didn't see the people's face."

"Poet," Patch laughed at the girl's nervousness. She placed her hand on top of hers. "I like you both together. Maybe he'll tone down his attitude a little."

"Patch."

"I never did thank you for basically saving my life," the detective said, smiling at the girl gratefully. "But if it weren't for you, I would be dead by now. The thing that sucks now is that I can't find the people that almost killed you. I'm sorry."

"It's fine, Patch," Poet smiled a little. "I'd die for my friends and family."

"Yeah, I'm afraid how true those word can be."

"'sup Poet," a police officer greeted her as he fist bumped her. "Heard what you did. Thanks."

"Yeah, Poet," another officer said. Poet nodded.

"How do you know all of these officers?" Patch chuckled out. "They all seem to know you so well."

"Well, I just made conversation with each of them," Poet shrugged before standing up. But it was nice to see you, Patch. Glad to know you're okay."

"Glad to know you're okay and you and Diego we okay," Patch said, standing up and hugging the girl. "Be careful. Who knows if they're looking for you and I'll find them as soon as possible. But judging from how Diego is, he'll take care of you."

"Hopefully he doesn't do anything stupid."

"Hopefully. But then again it's Diego."