CHAPTER FORTY-TWO ━ THE WORDS THAT CAME OUT

(chapter forty-two.) the words that came out
❝ God, I love you. ❞

 ❞

"Oh my God..."

"Paris where the hell are we?"

Poet, Paris, and Grace were in a crowded place, jazz music playing loud in the streets. People were dancing, laughter heard loud and clear, and they could see necklaces being thrown around.

"Are we in New Orleans?" Poet questioned with such a confused tone. Paris hummed, staring around the crowded street before turning to look at his aunt. "I didn't even know I could run this fast."

"Well, you're gonna have to run faster if you want to catch up with the others," Poet breathed out, placing her hands on her hips. She removed them immediately and headed towards her nephew. "Well, c'mon, if we go sooner, we'll make before the world ends."

"You think it's going to end?" Paris questioned, grabbing hold of both his aunt and Grace. The brunette looked at her nephew and sighed.

"I'm not gonna lie," she said. "I have a feeling it is. Vanya is stronger, way stronger. She's the reason why there's gonna be an apocalypse."

"Fine," Paris exhaled. "Hold on tight, ladies. Please."

Poet and Grace did as he said, closing their eyes when they felt a gush of wind blow on their faces. Before Grace knew it, they were already standing by the destroyed house that she would've been under if it wasn't for the Capulets who saved her.

"They probably went to go find—" Poet was cut off by someone.

"Poet, Paris!" The two saw Julian standing close by, looking relieved as he stared at his twin sister and nephew. Ben was by his side, a relieved look overtaking his worried one.

"Where are they?" Poet asked. The two looked at each other.

"Bowling," Ben answered. The Capulet furrowed her eyebrows in confusion at hearing that.

"They're bowling?" She let out slowly, trying to hear the words as if it tell herself that she's not imagining the words she was told. "Why are they—"

"They just met up there to come up with a plan," Julian answered. "It's called Super Star Lanes Bowling."

"Let's go."

"Wait," Poet stopped Paris as soon as he was ready to run. "We need to get Grace to a safe place. Who knows what will happen." She turned to look at the woman who has been quiet and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Are you okay with that Grace?"