CHAPTER THREE ━ THE NEW ONE

(𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎.) 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐎𝐍𝐄
❝ I WAS NOT TRAINED FOR THIS. ❞

 ❞

"What did you do? Why are we in 1963?"

"I can't really control my powers," Five answered as he drank his cup of coffee, Paris sitting next to him while Poet sat in front of the two. "So, I can't really go back in time in seconds. I go further back, decades."

"I was not trained for this," Poet sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. She looked at Five again. "Are the others...?"

"Dead?" Five guessed and Poet shamelessly nodded. He shook his head. "Hopefully not. But knowing how they're all idiots, well, I'm betting that they're somewhere doing something stupid that will probably get them killed." He felt a nudge on his side and turned to look at Paris, whose blue eyes glanced at his aunt who now had her gaze on the floor. He cleared his throat. "I'm sure Diego's fine, Poet."

"I can read your mind, Five," the brunette sighed before smiling a bit. Just as she opened her mouth to speak, there was a knock on the front door. She stood up. "Be right back."

Walking towards the door, Five turned to look at Paris. "She's really pained by this, huh?"

"She's been dreaming of Diego," Paris mumbled. "I think this is affecting her because it's the first relationship she's been in. She actually admitted to me before we met all of you, she had a crush on Diego since they almost killed each other."

"I'm not surprised," Five sipped his coffee. "I heard Diego tell Mom about Poet. He was angry at first since he got stabbed by her with one of his knives, but then he just talked about her—"

"Hi, Paris."

Five turned to look at the person who cut him off and saw a girl with two or three books in her hand. She was smiling widely at Paris and Five glanced at the boy.

"Hi, Eli," Paris smiled, clearing his throat when he remembered Five was next to him. "Um, this is... Five. He's a family friend visiting."

"Sorry for interrupting you," Elizabeth winced, taking her hand out for Five to shake. Five smiled sarcastically and shook her hand a little too tightly before standing up and looking for Poet. "But I came here to give you your books."

"Oh, thanks!" Paris smiled, standing up and grabbing his books. "I was going to ask you for them but I didn't want to be rude just in case you didn't finish reading them."

"Well, that's okay."

Poet appeared by Five's side and nudged him. "How's the coffee?"