CHAPTER EIGHT ━ ACT LIKE MY MOTHER

(chapter eight.) act like my mother
❝ WE'RE GONNA GET CAUGHT. ❞

 ❞

POET AND DIEGO SEPARATED WAYS WHEN HE WAS HEADING SOMEWHERE HE didn't want to tell her and Poet got called by Klaus.

Just as she was about to knock on the door of the Hargreeves' house, despite the fact that she was given permission to just come in, she was bumped into by Five and Klaus. She steadied herself, raising an eyebrow at them.

"Stop being so annoying, Klaus," Five argued with his brother, who kept babbling about whatever popped in his head. Five turned to look at the girl. "Not you, Poet."

Poet nodded before she heard Klaus mention something that made her look at him with such confused stare that almost made Klaus laugh.

"Should we just make Poet that mom?" Klaus questioned. "You know, the one that sleeps with everyone and doesn't really care about her son and husband, or boyfriend, depending on what I am to you."

"Do we seriously have to act like we're your parents?" Poet furrowed her eyebrows. "Me and him? No offense, Klaus. But me and him?"

"You're right," Five mumbled. "It would've been great if Diego came. But, he's got a stick up his ass, so, nope. I only got you and Klaus. Also, you didn't meet me at Griddy's Doughnuts."

"I was drained!" Poet defended herself, raising her hands up in surrender. "I was drained because I used my powers too much."

"Not surprised," Five nodded. "You don't use your powers as much as you used to, right? Like those times when you killed 20 men with a pencil. That was cool."

"How'd you know about that?" Poet immediately looked down at Five, who was smiling excitedly. "No one knows about that other than my twin brother and my parents."

"Julian Capulet?" Five's voice was laced with happiness, excited over what he's heard about. "Dad hated your parents so he spoke about your missions and all that and thrived us to be just like you."

"Wow, no one loving the Capulets," Poet feigned a look of surprise, crossing her arms. "What a surprise. It's not the first time somebody doesn't like them. I mean, look how Romeo and Juliet ended up."

Yeah, and you and Diego are going to end up like that, Five thought, forgetting that the girl next to him could listen to his thoughts. But thankfully the girl was listening to everyone's thoughts and wasn't focusing on his.

"Wait..." Klaus mumbled to her, leaning down to whisper in her ear as Five was too preoccupied on finding the hospital he went at. "Your twin brother? Does he have silver hair?"

"How do you know?" Poet furrowed her eyebrows yet again. She didn't know how these people are finding stuff about her. The only person that knew of her twin brother was Allison and Diego.