CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ━ YOU'RE MAKING ME CRY

(chapter eighteen.) you're making me cry
❝ YEAH, HIS UGLY FACE DOES THAT. ❞

 ❞

POET WOKE UP AT 8 AM WITH FEELING AN ARM AROUND HER WAIST. She noticed Paris sleeping on the floor under multiple blankets and a pillow from keeping his neck aching.

Poet felt breath hit the back of her head and she immediately turned to look over her shoulder to feel her nose close to hitting Diego's cheek. She gulped, but instantly ignored the feeling of warmth from the pit of her stomach and focused on going back to sleep.

"Poet," Poet exhaled harshly, opening her eyes to come to find her brother staring right back at her. "Klaus. You need to find Klaus and bring him to safety."

"I can't leave Paris alone, Julian," Poet mouthed, not wanting to wake up the one sleeping next to her and the one sleeping on the floor crazily. Julian smiled at the boy, reminiscing about Paris founding out the fact that he could see him.

"Just know that I'm crying and freaking out inside," Paris said, nodding his head slowly as he tried to process what was happening. Julian then furrowed his eyebrows when he saw Paris' eyes glistening due to the tears forming. "This is your fault, man. You're making me cry."

"Yeah, his ugly face does that," Poet playfully said, chuckling at her brother's face. Diego looked at them, feeling weird about them being able to see someone dead and he wasn't able to see the other Capulet.

Paris grinned before he sped away excitedly back forth, whatever he passed through falling on the ground. Julian chuckled at his son and Poet smiled.

Paris stopped immediately, though, when a question popped up in his head, wondering something that he was now questioning.

"Wait..." He said, raising his hands up. "How can we see you? From what I've heard, only Klaus can see dead people and, how come we haven't seen you before?"

"The kid is asking the important questions," Diego said, wiping away any remaining blood on Poet's face despite her protests.

"I did some research before I was killed on field," Julian answered, glaring at Diego as he saw the man holding his sister's shoulders. He looked at his son. "Past ancestors were put into hospitals for... um... how do I say this in the nicest way... uh, crazy people? Only few inherit the sight. The sight that they can see spirits and others cannot. But your sight is triggered when you are close to another person that can see spirits as well."

"How come we're only seeing you?" Poet questioned.

"Yeah, I don't know about that," Julian crossed his arms before he noticed the 14-year-old falling asleep next to Poet. He immediately stepped closer when Diego shook him by the shoulder and led him to his room where he was to sleep. Getting glared at by Poet, he sighed. "Getting right to the point, the two people took Klaus."

"As much as I want to find him," Poet instantly felt guilty when the words slipped from her mouth, afraid that even if she took her time that Klaus would be tortured, or worse, killed, "I need to regain some energy so I will torture them."

"Torture?" Julian raised his eyebrow. "You're using Mother and Father's vocabulary. I don't know if you notice that, Poet."

"They took one of my friends," Poet said. "What do you expect me to do? Act all friendly and nice? Yeah, not happening."

"Fine," Julian sighed before a smile spread on his lips. "You raised Paris well."

"Yeah, well, he was a handful," Poet chuckled breathlessly. "It was hard to catch a speedster. Especially when he would run away from taking a shower."

"He's only a speedster?" Julian questioned. Poet scoffed.

"Nope," she said with a smile on her lips. "He's a healer as well."

"That's amazing!"

"Well, he is a Capulet."

Poet was in her car, glaring at her brother here and there to show him how mad she was at him for making her leave Paris alone. It's not like she didn't trust the Hargreeves, she did, it's just that she's overly protective of leaving her nephew to people like that without telling them anything. She was just cautious.

"Come on, Poet," Julian groaned. "I'm sorry for making you leave, Paris. But we really need to save Klaus. Who knows what he's going through right now."

Poet sighed.

"You're right," she said, "Sorry, I'm just used to not leaving Paris in a friend's house. Ever."

"I think you putting a happy thought in his head will make him secure enough," Julian tried to reassure her. After leaving the Hargreeves home, Poet decided to place a small memory in Paris' mind of Julian and her both holding him for the first time so he wouldn't stress the whole day on her whereabouts. She also took notice of Diego's thoughts where she saw what he did to his mom. She also replaced all nightmares he was having to good dreams of his mother.

"Hopefully he won't come search for me," Poet mumbled. "He always finds me when I'm gone for too long."

"Go on the left and you're going to find a motel," Julian said and just as instructed, Poet turned a left and there was a motel there with a light blue car standing out the most to Capulet.

Parking not so close to it but not too far from it, Poet got out of her car, heading towards the car itself as Julian told her that was the car Klaus was taken in.

Poet noticed the dried blood trailing down the trunk of the car and she sighed, looking around before she came across Ben.

"Your ghosty friend is there," Poet pointed to the lost Hargreeve sibling with her chin, watching the two talk to each other before they waved their hand at her to step forward.

Ben pointed at a room and Poet squinted her eyes to look better at it.

"Klaus is in there," Ben said, "He's been tortured but he doesn't seem to phased by it."

"I have to save his ass again," Poet groaned softly, slumping on her way to the room. Julian and Ben looked at each other.

"What do you mean you have to save his ass again?"

"Well... Let's just say that Klaus was dressed as a woman and multiple men had lip stick stains."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

sorry for not updating for
three days (i think?) guys.
i've been sick and it sucked.
but im slightly better. :)