OO4. THE FUTURE CAPULET

CHAPTER FOUR. *ೃ༄
❝  THE FUTURE CAPULET. ❞

  ❞

"Our son?"

Both Diego and Poet stared at the child with shock, glancing at each other to make sure he looked like both of them.

"Diego, Poet," Lila started, hands still gripping onto a briefcase while glancing to her left to the child, "meet Stan." The child stared at them, as if he wasn't thrilled to see them, and Lila pushed him. "Say hello, Stanley!"

"Hello, Stanley."

"Wait," Poet furrowed her eyebrows. "What?"

"Hey," both Diego and Poet immediately walked towards the woman, Poet glancing at the child. As she did so, Diego stood in front of Lila. "Hey, this is a... It's a joke, right?"

"That your boys can swim fast?" Lila joked, winking at Poet who stared at her, awaiting for an answer. "I haven't had him long but, I found him when I traveled to the future. Why did I bring him here? Well, you two died. It's time for you two to do your part. Have fun bonding."

"Oh, my God," Poet shook her head.

"Be good for your auntie," Lila told Stanley who simply stared after her. He looked back to the two people now in front of him, clearly just as unamused.

"So..." the kid spoke. "You got any food?"

"Um, yeah," Poet slowly nodded, still processing the unexpected news. "Um, we were just eating Chinese food. You want some...?"

"That can wait," Diego went in between as if protecting Poet from him. Diego looked down at her. "We need to be cautious in case this isn't our son. We don't have evidence if he even is."

"I know that you were, and still are, wearing one of Mom's ring when you two traveled to the past and you ended up at a mental hospital," Stanley recited, clearly making the two slowly turn their heads to look at him. "What?"

"Did Lila know you were wearing the ring...?" Poet mumbled to the man, who tried to remember but wasn't too sure. His silence was her answer and his loud thoughts of constantly telling him to remember was also her answer. "Look, we'll just take care of him. Lila wouldn't be too messed up to just drop off a random child."

"I doubt that," Diego breathed out. Poet comfortingly smiled at him as she placed her hands on his shoulders.

"Let's just... go to our room," she requested. "She can meet Paris and Lorna, who I'm sure are already there." Diego simply nodded and walked off, leaving Poet with Stanley. "You're a lot smaller."

"I am not that short."

"Hmm," Poet smiled, "I beg to disagree." Stanley chuckled as they walked off. "How old are you?"