CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE ━ I'M GONNA GET US OUT OF HERE

(chapter twenty-one.) im gonna get us out of here
❝ YOU GO THROUGH THOSE VENTS AND... ❞

 ❞

POET WAS LOOSING BLOOD QUICK, HER HEAD FALLING TO ONE SIDE AND another when she was left heaving and panting. Klaus was in front of her, watching her once in a while with a worried look as Julian and Ben watched. She was bleeding from her lip, her nose, her forehead and it was terrible. She decided to let herself get beaten up rather than Klaus going through all of the pain.

"Maybe you're not hitting her strong enough," the man said, standing in the corner with his partner. Poet closed her eyes before she was kicked by Klaus who was telling her and begging her to stay awake.

"Me?"

"Bad move dude," Poet called out. "Women are stronger than men. Just saying. She's doing a good ass job punching me. You keep doing you, woman."

"You know if you weren't at the list of the people that know where this person we're looking for is," Cha Cha spoke up, "I would've wanted you to be my partner."

"Likewise."

Cha Cha turned to look at Hazel, hearing Poet's breath slowing down once in a while. "You're the one with the stupid orthopedic bracelet."

"I told you already it's for support," Hazel argued back. Poet rolled her eyes before she looked over at her twin brother and the deceased Hargreeve. She smiled a little at them and Klaus noticed.

"You can talk to dead people," Klaus said. Poet nodded and he laughed a little, clearly happy that someone saw what he saw and didn't call him crazy. "Bu—but how?"

"It's a family thing," Julian answered. "Usually gets triggered at the age of 21 and when we're near another person that can see dead people."

"I've been with you for 3 or 4 years and you've never been able to see dead people," Klaus furrowed his eyebrows. "Why didn't you see them before? Why now most of all?"

Poet shrugged before she stopped when the pain in her shoulder became too unbearable. "I don't know. That's what I'm trying to figure out why and why now when I'm with you guys. There's just too many answers left unanswered."

Poet sucked in a deep breath, feeling dizzy. She looked down at her stomach and saw her shirt being stained by the wound grazed in the flesh of her stomach. She was in and out of it. She couldn't focus for a damn minute. She shook her head.

"It's starting now, isn't it? Must be," Poet turned to look at the one who spoke, coming to find Ben staring at his brother. "Otherwise, who's the dead babushka?"

Poet looked at him and he was staring over the window where a woman was standing, mumbling incoherent words as she had a dazed look. Poet furrowed her eyebrows at the woman, confused on what was wrong with her.