Chapter 1- The Thunder Boomer...

•Rose's Pov•

I watch a bird soar the sky as I sit on my sisters bed.

"Must be nice." I mutter to myself.

"Just tell him, Rose. It's been what fourteen years now?" I groan as my sister meddles in my love life.

"It's not that easy, Iris."

"No it's simple, just go up to Barry. Look him right in the eye and say. Barry I love you." I throw a pillow at her but she dodges it.

"See why I hate telling you things? You always throw it back in my face."

"All because I love my little sister. Now I have to go to work are you going to check up on dad?"

"Yeah..." I sigh.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing..."

My sister puts her bag down and kneels in front of me.

"Tell me Rose bud."

"Don't call me that. You know I hate that name."

I didn't always hate it, mom use to call me that.

"Just tell me."

"It's just everyone seems to have something going for themselves. Dad is the detective. You're the soon to be journalist and Barry's the science nerd. And you know what I got? Squat."

"No you're Barry's guardian angel. You always help him out when he's in need."

"Yeah well I'd rather be his girlfriend." I wince saying that. "Please don't repeat that to me in the future." I plead. But I can already see Iris locking that quote away for future destruction for our later conversations.

"How about this, become his girlfriend tonight. You can go in my place since I have a date."

"Wait are you sure? I mean Barry really had his heart set on taking you to go see the particle accelerator."

"I'm sure, besides you know I'm not that into science. Now make sure you tell him."

"Fine, I'll tell him. But if this all ends badly, I'm personally holding you responsible."

"It won't. Now I gotta go. Love you."

"Love you more!"

"Love you most." I hear my sister leave and I grab my things including her laptop that she said I could barrow just as long as I don't break it.

I fell one time with her old laptop and she just won't let it go.

I arrive at Central city police station and find my dad busy doing paper work.

So instead of waiting out in the lobby being bored I decide to go see what Barry was up to.

I get to his lab and smile to myself as I watch him working away on his computer.

He's such a nerd...

After tonight I hope he'll be my nerd.

"Okay, since Iris can't make it, I will be your date, I mean companion. I mean I'm ready to see this particle thingy." Insert foot in mouth please.

"Oh, Iris can't make it?" Why does he sound so disappointed? "Yeah..."

"Well, there was a shooting today. Your dad needs me to process some evidence, which means I don't know if we're going to make it to S.T.A.R. Labs."

Dad you're killing me here!

"But you've been talking about this thing for weeks, it's like your dream to see it. Your nerdy dream." And my dream to finally go on a date with you even if it's some science shindig.