Chapter - 21 The Ultimate Sacrifice

•Joe's Pov•

"Baby hang in there. You've got to hang in there." My daughter was laying on the cool ground with a lead pipe through her stomach and blood pooling out of her mouth.

"D..dad I'm s..so-" I shush her. "Don't say anymore help is coming. Just hang in there." She coughs and more blood pools out of her.

I see her eyes turn from white to brown and her hand becomes limp in mine. "Baby, don't close your eyes. Keep them on me... Keep them open, Barry will be here soon."

She smiles. "Ba..rry..." She stares at the dark sky and I feel my heart drop.

"Rose? Rose? Rose?!"

"Joe!" I hear Barry's voice and when I turn to him I see the hope in his eyes slowly disappearing.

He walks over and drops to his knees as his shaky hands lifts Rose's body to his chest.

The cry he made, made my heart break. My son and daughter, one is dead and the other is dead inside...

•Rose's Pov•

Two days before...

I look at myself in the mirror and smile. "You are beautiful, and deadly." I glance past my shoulder and see the candle stick hanging out of the guys jaw.

I stuff the rest of the money in a duffle bag and walk right out.

"Pleasure doing business with you sir."

You didn't have to kill him.

Especially with a candle stick.

"Awe boo, are you upset that you have more blood on your hands? I assure you Rosie Posie, I'm just getting started...hmm?"

Hmm? I don't like that hmm.

"Starling City must have some fun, this time around."

No, the arro-

"I didn't ask you about Oliver Queen. But now that I think about it...I'm sure he can scratch my itch since Barry couldn't..."

•••

I arrive at Starling City and place my suit in my bag.

I see a man running down the street with a purse and my hand goes up sending him flying into the air.

"I didn't give you permission to use these hands, did I, Rosie Posie?" She was quiet and I step over the guy as a woman with runs up and snatches the purse from him.

Guess Starling City has gone to shit. I shrug and continue to walk.

I step onto the curb and see a young woman and man talking.

He looked like a model, hell he would probably look more handsome if he didn't have that mean look on his face.

I hear them talking as I walk past.

"...Look Thea, I just can't live up to your expectations."

"Roy, all I ask is that you come to the club, check it out. I'm not holding a gun to your head. I'm not making you take the job."

"Trouble in paradise...wait." I paddle back and look at the girl.

"Are you Thea Queen?" I ask interrupting their conversation. She gives me a frowned look.

"Who wants to know?"

"The person who asked. Now are you or are you not?"

"Excuse me, but we're talking."