Chapter - 5) Broken Wings

•Rose's Pov•

I felt him tear my wings right from the base of my spine and everything just felt like slow motion.

Cisco shooting him in the neck.

Caitlyn's fearful face.

Harrison pointing his gun..

And me...

Laying beside my broken wings, with blood pooling out of my mouth.

This isn't a dream...this is a nightmare...

72 Hours Earlier....

Barry and I were in the pipeline talking to Doctor Light.

"Zoom sent me here to kill you both, but I didn't want to."

"But you were fine with killing Linda Park." I state. "It was the best bad idea I could come up with. Leave her body for Zoom to find, he'd think I was dead and I'd be free."

"How was he supposed to know where to find her body?" Barry asked. "Just let me go. Let me disappear."

I sigh. "You would spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder, never knowing when Zoom is coming."

"Okay. And what's your great idea? Zoom wants you dead the most." She says looking right at me. I swallow hard ready to answer but Barry pipes in. "How were you suppose to contact him after you killed us?"

"I was supposed to get something--something I can only get if you two were dead--and then throw it through the breach as proof."

"And then what?"

"Then he'd come for me. Confirm the kill and bring me home. Why do you want to know?" She asks him. "Because we want to find him."

"You really don't." She warns. "He's gonna keep coming for us. He's gonna keep kidnapping people like you, forcing them to do what he wants. We have to stop him before more people die."

"Neither of you can stop Zoom."

"Yes, we can. We will, but we need your help." She nods and that's when we devise a plan.

•••

"Zoom wants Doctor Lighting send him your new emblems." Caitlyn says as she pours herself some coffee. "Yes. We need them for bait. If we can get Doctor Light to take our emblems, throw them through the breach, then Zoom will come to collect our bodies and we can trap him." Man that sounds even crazier saying that out loud.

"You know it took a lot of work to make those emblems, right? Especially yours Rose. Do you know how hard it was to get those A's right?" Cisco complains. "This is the woman who was willing to kill Linda in order to escape Zoom, by now she's willing to help us catch him?" Okay captain Caitlyn don't make the plan sound anymore dumber than it is.

"She knows it's the only way." Barry replies. "Before I left earth-2, I worked on a serum to dampen Zoom's speed. All we would need is for Ramon to develop a weapon to deliver it."

"Oh, why does this sound familia-I know! The cold gun, hey Cisco you remember that?" I say looking dead at him. "Everyday of my life and again I'm sorry. Besides I would never let that happen again." He says rolling his eyes.

"Are we forgetting how much more powerful than Barry and Rose Zoom seems to be? I mean if Barry can catch a bullet and Rose and stop them, what's to say Zoom can't catch whatever you shoot at him?"

Okay, I'm siding with Caitlyn and moving to Mars.

"Surprise--the element of surprise. All we would do is rig a projectile to fire as Zoom crosses into the breach. He can't stop what he can't see coming."