Chapter - 4) Dead Man Walking, Blind Man Seeing

•Harrison's Pov•

Earth 2

Eight months ago

"Hello. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Harrison Wells." The crowd applauses and I smile.

"Today, the future has arrived. Our city has seen incredible--impossible things: meta-humans--men and women--with extraordinary abilities: the ability to soar above buildings, to run faster than the speed of light. Unfortunately most of these meta-humans have chosen the wrong path with these powers, a dark path..."

I notice my daughters join the crowd and I smile at them both.

"...My team and I at S.T.A.R. Labs are committed to keeping up with these perilous times, and so may I present to you out new line of meta-human awareness apps?"

I see Jessie and Rosemary clap with the crowd and I feel a sense of pride and accomplishment.

"This technology will allow you to instantly detect the presence of a meta-human." I say as I show off the watch.

"You'll be instantly alerted to an approaching speedster, like Zoom or like..." My watch beeps and suddenly The Flash was there with his arms crossed.

"Flash." I give a slow clap for him and notice Rosemary wheel her chair out a bit closer to see him.

I wish she didn't have a fascination with him.

"Welcome, Flash."

"Tell them the truth, Dr. Wells. Everything that has happened to this city the past two years is because of you. You created all of us metas. You created Zoom." The crowd gasps.

"I created Zoom?"

"11 hours before the first meta sighting, enormous blasts of dark matter radiation were silently expelled beneath this lab."

"I'm sorry, Flash, I believe all this fast running may have scrambled your brain."

"You take no responsibility for the wreckage your mistakes have caused. Admit it, Wells, and then maybe you can truly help me do something about it."

"help you, because I'm the greatest tech entrepreneur of all time? You're the superhero, and we would all be safe if you would do your job and stop Zoom.

The Flash glares at me and then he was gone, speeding out of the conference.

"Well, I guess it's safe to say the speedster sensors work."

I turn and Rosemary was wheeling up to me.

"Are you okay, dad?"

"I'm fine, sweetie. Now you and your sister, should go and do your homework." I kiss her cheek and hear my alarm going off but I move it back before anyone could notice.

Rosemary on the other hand heard it but before she could question it, I motion Jessie and she wheels her away.

What Jay said, was true. I'm the reason there are metas.

But I don't need him to remind me of that.

Everyday I look at Rosemary in her wheel chair, is a pathetic reminder.

I shake away the sad thoughts and get back to the conference.

"Now where was I? Oh, that's right, the future..."

Now I'm in earth two and I can't help but look at her and think, about my daughter.

But she isn't my Rosemary.