Chapter - 16 Barry & Rose Sitting In A Tree...

•Barry's Pov•

I look around and hear Cisco on my radio.

"Hey, what's going on?"

"Yeah, Cisco. I'm here..." But how did I get here?

"What happened? Why'd you stop?" He asks.

"I just got a little disoriented." This is way too weird..

"Well, you need to make up some time, man. You better hurry up."

"Hurry? What are you--"

"Hurry, as in get to the morgue."

"The morgue? I was there. Yesterday." I look around again and things look the same.

"Barry, what are you talking about? You gotta go."

I speed to the crime, scene thinking about if Rose was okay....

•Rose's Pov•

When I get home I hear that the house is empty, but of course if Barry went off to the crime scene dad would be there too, so I decide to test out my little fire trick.

As I start to walk out of my room I hit my toe and curse up a storm.

"Mother fu--"

I then look down and see a comic book hanging out from under my bed.

I remember grabbing just a bunch of comic books the other day but not actually paying attention to the titles.

I figured, hey if it's a comic? Grab it, read it, and pretend like you're listening.

So I pick it up and frown.

"The Flash...Staring Jay Garrick..." I sit on my floor rubbing my toe and decide to see what's up with this comic...

The next morning I was walking into S.T.A.R. Labs with my nose still in the comic.

"Rose!"

I look up in enough time when to see Barry damn near speed into me.

"Whoa! Calm down! I sleep right down the hall from you."

"I know, I just. So happy you're alive."

Um okay...

"Yeah, because a paper cut from reading comics is going to kill me." I chuckle and go to sit down but Barry hugs me harder.

"Allen, I can't breath."

"Oh! I'm sorry. I'm just-"

"Yeah I know happy I'm alive. Is everything all right with you?"

Barry goes to speak but Dad clears his throat and I roll my eyes as I go sit down next to Dr. Wells.

"What do you got there, Rose?" He asks me.

"Hm, one of the comics I bought the other day. It's pretty interesting. Want to read it once I'm done?" I show him the cover and he raises a brow.

"No, that's okay. I'm sure that comic is very exciting." He smiles at me and I shrug and open it back up.

I sit there reading the comic as dad and Barry were talking about Mark Mardon, Clyde Mardon's brother.

"So Clyde Mardon has a brother?" Caitlyn asks as she looks at the mug shots.

I lose focus on the conversation and read more into the comic.

This is kind of cool.

I mean if you take me out of the equation then Barry's and Jay's accidents seem so simila-