Chapter - 15 Death In The Family..

•Rose's Pov•

"Rose?"

"Hm? Yeah?" Travis was walking beside me and he had an annoyed look on his face.

"Did you hear a single thing I said?"

"Yeah.."

No you weren't you were thinking about Barry again...

"Shu-shucks, want some gum?"

"No, thanks. But like I said do you want to go to aspen with my parents and I?"

Travis and I were walking into the bowling alley and I just couldn't stop thinking about Barry.

"Uh, can I get back to you on that?"

"Yeah. So I never would've pegged you as someone who likes to bowl."

"What? This is like one of my favorite places in the world, and I'm pretty sure one of the many sports that I can destroy you at."

He scoffs and pays for our rental shoes.

"Is that so?"

"Oh yeah." He leans over to kiss me and I hear a throat clear behind me.

"You've got to be kidding me." Travis mutters under his breath.

"Hey, guys." I hear Barry's voice and I feel a smile on my face.

But it goes away when I see he's with Linda.

"Oh, hey."

"So what are you guys doing here?" Travis asks as he puts his arms around me.

Do you have to do that right now?

Barry sees this and looks away.

"Well, Barry recommended this place and said it would be fun. Though I didn't know you guys would be here."

"Yeah, well Barry, Iris and I use to bowl here all the time when we were kids. So we figured we'd come to this old place."

"Uh, why don't you guys join us?" Barry suggests.

"I don't know..."

"Come on Travis. Us versus them. It'll be fun."

"Ready to lose, West?"

I scoff and grab my shoes from Travis.

"I'm not losing Allen, but you are." We smile at each other and get ready to play.

As blame it on the night plays in the background I toss my ball and see it roll down the alley.

The balls seems to slide to the left but I slyly move my hand and the ball goes back to the middle.

"Oh! Strike! Do you smell that Barry? That's what an ass whoopin' smells like."

"Haha you cheated." He say with a narrowed look.

"Me? Cheat? For shame."

I sit go over to Travis and he kisses my cheek.

"You never told me you were this into bowling."

"Sure I have. This place is the greatest place in the world to me. It always have."

Barry gets a full strike and I clap for him.

"Don't clap for him. He's on the opposing team."

I roll my eyes at him.

"Well I'm impressed Allen." Linda says smiling at him.

"You know I heard the owner was thinking of selling. Maybe you could write a piece on the place?" Barry tells her.

"Um, I'm still iffy on whether bowling is an actual sport."