Chapter -6) Falling From Grace

•Rose's Pov•

I feel the gashes on my back closing, but I also feel my wings. They hurt like hell and yet, when I mention it, no one believes me...

"How are you feeling?" Barry asks as he brings me some strawberry milk.

I don't answer him, because we both know what I'm going to say. I put the strawberry milk down and stand up.

"Rose, Rose, you need to come back to bed." I walk into the main room and see Caitlyn and Cisco looking at an X-Ray.

I can hear her talking to Cisco but I only catch a little bit on the conversation.

"...from what her behavior is showing, she seems to have signs of ptsd."

I clear my throat and they both turn to me.

"You think, I'm crazy don't you?" I say as they both look guilty. "No, Rose. We don't. We just want to help you." Caitlyn begins to walk to me but I walk past her and look at my X-Ray.

"They feel raw against my skin...." I mutter as I stare at the black and white photo.

"Rose you should go back to bed. You're not all the way healed ye-"

I drop to my knees and feel my breath quicken.

"They hurt. Make it stop."

"Ro-"

"They hurt! Make it stop! Make it stop!" As I shout I feel my back spasms and it feels like my skin is about to crack under my robe.

"Barry!" I hear Caitlyn scream. Cisco runs out of the room and I suddenly throw up.

I barely eaten so all that I see was pink...no red.

Blood was coming out of my mouth because my wings hurt.

"Rose, you're okay." Barry had accidentally touched my back and I turn on him raising my hand, sending him flying.

"They hurt!" I get up as good as I can and grab a pair of scissors.

"No!" I see Harrison running my way but I make him go flying too.

I throw the scissors in the air and motion for them to strike my back. Starting at my spine.

I could paralyze myself doing this, but it's worth the risk to not feel pain anymore.

Suddenly, I feel something jab into my neck.

I look up and there stood Cisco with a dart gun.

"I'm sorry, Rose. But we can't allow this." I fall forward but Barry catches me.

"Barry...they...hur..."

•Barry's Pov•

I had carried Rose back to bed and laid her down gently.

"We need to find out what's going on with her." I turn and Caitlyn was standing there. "I know, and Barry. I have run numerous tests. There's no sign of her wings. The theory of her having-"

"Don't label her. If she keeps saying it, then it has to be true. Rose is hurt and I want to help her." I look down and see Rose had a pained expression on her face.

"I believe you..."

•Rose's Pov•

76 Hours Later...

My eyes feel heavy, and my throat feels dry.

I slowly get up and place my feet over the bed and wobble onto my legs as I try to get the numb feeling out of my legs.