Chapter - 10 Merry...Bahumbug...

•Rose's Pov•

Ever just hated the sound of Christmas music?

I know I'm being a grinch but you would be one too if you haven't spoken to your sister in the last three months.

I mean sure we speak when dad is around but when he's not there, man Iris can give a mean cold shoulder.

So here I was in the kitchen helping her, correction trying to help her make Grandma Esther's eggnog.

"Bourbon." My sister says in a harsh tone.

I go to hand it to her but she snatched it out of my hand.

"You're welcome." I take a deep breath and she pours the bourbon in the mix.

"Mugs."

"Iris, please talk to me." I say as I hand her the mugs.

"What is there to talk about with you Rose? Let's just get through this holiday and get on with our lives."

Can she really stay mad at me forever?

She leaves the room with two mugs and I stare into the eggnog liquid.

I twirl my finger around it and the eggnog slowly spins in the pitcher.

"Nice talk sis..."

I hear the kitchen door open so I stop and find Barry coming in.

"Are you okay?"

"Peachy." I cringe as I hear jingle bells and I raise my hand at the radio and it shuts off.

Barry gives me a raised brow look.

"Sorry, it's just I don't want to hear about someone's balls jingling...wait that came out wrong."

Barry chuckles and walks over to me.

"I understand Christmas songs have been playing since November." He places his mug down and stands beside me.

"Well it's not just that. I mean Iris is still not talking to me which is driving me crazy. There's so many things I want to talk to her about."

"Like what?"

Like how much more in love with you I have gotten.

I shrug.

"You know, girl stuff."

"I hope you two will start talking again."

"Yeah..."

"So, I got you something that should cheer you up." I see him place a long box on the table.

"Funny, I don't think a strawberry milk machine is going to fit in that little box Barry."

"Just open it. It's an early Christmas gift." I sigh and rip the paper off of the box.

I don't know what I was expecting, but a locket with a rose and wings attached was defiantly a surprise to me.

"Barry, oh my god I love it." I hug him and he wraps his arms around me which makes my heart flutter just like a pair of butter fly wings.

"Here let me help you put it on." We let go and I turn my back to him as he helps me with the locket.

Once he's clasps it, the pendant hits my chest.

"This is so perfect. Oh I got you something too, wait right here." I spring off into the living room and notice my dad and Iris weren't there.

Hm I wonder where they went?

Does it matter, you and him are alone...

With beds upstairs...