Chapter 2 - Blood & Feathers...

•Iris' Pov•

NINE MONTHS LATER...

I came in to see Barry at S.T.A.R. Labs since dad was keeping Rose company.

"How is he?" I ask Caitlin. "He's doing better. I think he could wake any day now. How's your sister?"

"She's hanging in there?" I say with a forced smile. "Well I'll leave you alone with him." She leaves the room and I walk in to see Barry still in his coma.

"Hey, you look better.." His monitor is the only thing in the room that communicates back with me.

"Rose is doing fine. The doctors says she won't have any brain damage when she wakes up and she'll be able to walk with a little bit of therapy." I go to hold his hand and a shock hits my finger tips. I snatch my hand back and wipe a tear away.

"Barry, please wake up. I need you, dad needs you. Rose-" I wipe the tear away.

"Rose, needs you...she loves you. You know I think she loved you the day I brought you home to get your lip iced. Remember that day?"

His monitor keeps beeping so I continue with the memory.

"I remember you had stood up for that kid who was getting bullied and he Robbie punched you in the face. I saw what you had done and I just couldn't leave you standing there so I offered to help you. But the moment you stepped foot into the house Rose was the one who took care of you. She was only six but she made sure you were okay. After that day I think she always looked for you to come home with me so she could fix you up." I smile at that memory.

"Please, wake up." My phone vibrates and I go to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Iris, we need you at Jitters."

"I'll be right there." I give one last look at Barry and leave the room feeling guilty...

•Rose's Pov•

I keep having the same dream.

I'm six years old and it's thunder storm...

"Daddy?" I call out his name but then I remember he's working late.

I look over at Iris' bed but she's sleeping over a friends house.

So I take off running down the hall and my little hands bang against Barry's room door.

He opens it just as a clap of thunder sounds and I grab him.

"Rose, it's just a little storm."

"Scary..can I sleep with you?" He nods and takes my hand as he leads me to his bed.

I scoot under the covers and he lays beside me.

"Don't be scared Rose. I'll be here okay?"

""Okay..." Thunder sounds again and I grip Barry's hand under the covers.

"You're tough right?" He says in a soft voice.

"Yeah..." He smiles at me and pokes my nose.

"I won't leave you, Rose."

"Promise?"

"I promise." I feel myself about to fall asleep like I always did in the dream but something different happens.

The closet door in his room opens and I sit up.

"Barry?"

No answer.