Chapter - 2) Mr. Sandman Bring Me A Dream...

•Rose's Pov•

My father had his gun right on the man in front of us.

Why does his name and face seem familiar?

"...Please, just let me explain. I mean you no harm."

"How do you know our names?" Barry asks as he steps in front of me. "I know all your names. Caitlyn Snow, Cisco Ramon, Detective Joe West..."

"Enough. That part about explaining needs to happen right about now." Dad warns.

"This world is in danger. And Rose you especially."

I feel my legs almost give out from under me so I hold onto Barry for support.

"What other worlds are there?" Cisco asks. "When you created the singularity above central city, you also created a breach between my world and yours."

"I'm sorry, a breach?" My sister asks.

"Yes, a portal connecting our two earths." He explains.

"And what precisely is your concern?" Professor Stein retorts.

"A few days ago, you found a dead man named Al Rothstein at the nuclear plant. But then a different Al Rothstein tried to kill you two."

"Atom Smasher."' I mutter as Barry holds me close. "That man was from my world. If he got through the breach, I suspect they'll be more to follow." He looks at me when he says that and it makes me uneasy.

"OK, so, Jay, how exactly do you know all of this?"

"Where I came from, I was a speedster like you and Rose. They called me The Flash..."

Something in my head clicks and I let go of Barry and thumb through the comic book.

I then place the face and name.

"He's telling the truth..." I was about to speak but Jay interrupts telling how he had got here. How he and Zoom--man that name gives me the chills--had fought and he had almost died.

But the singularity had prevented that from happening but also brought him to our earth.

"Who is Zoom? Besides my childhood boogieman. On second thought why didn't he kill me as a kid?"

"One, Zoom is a speedster. Like you, me and Barry. He's fast. Maybe the fastest of all. But evil. And that I don't know. Only he would."

"Yeah, I'm not in a rush to ask....he...he had this face..right? He had this scary face that made him look like a demon and death all in one?"

Jay nods and I swallow hard.

Jay then tells us how as soon as he got here, he lost his speed.

"How?" Barry asks. "I'm not entirely sure."

My dad gives Barry a look and I walk over to Jay looking him right in the eye.

"I...believe you." I go to give him a handshake but feel someone tug me back.

"Until we know if you're telling the truth or not. I'm going to have Caitlyn run some tests on you. Cause if you're not, this Zoom, he's not gonna be your only enemy."

As Caitlyn was doing tests my sister along with the rest of the Brady science bunch were all trying to figure out if what Jay was saying was true.

I take Barry to the side to make sure we have a moment alone.

"I believe him."

"Rose n-"

"Before you say no, just look." I open the comic and point to Jay's picture. "See?"