Chapter 5- Know Your Limits...

•Rose's Pov•

It's been a few weeks since the Clyde Mardon fiasco and I'm still on cloud nine.

All because...

I kissed Barry.

Not on the cheek, but on the lips.

I KISSED BARRY!

I was smiling from ear to ear as I poured myself some cereal.

"You sure look happy this morning." Iris says as she fixes her hair while coming down the steps.

"Because I am happy this morning."

Iris flips on the tv and the news was on.

"Reports shows that a large winged bird was seen by a few locals late last night..."

"Any clue who they're talking about, Rose?"

"Not a clue, but hey can you pass me another box of captain crunch? I'm on my third bowl but I'm starving."

"You're going to eat us out a house and home." I shrug but she gives me the box of cereal.

I pour another bowl and get a text on my phone from Cisco.

**Barry's going towards a fire on Western and 3rd in downtown Central City**

**On My Way**

"On second thought I'm full." I say as I get up putting my things in the kitchen sink.

"Where are you going?"

"To go see what Barry is up too."

"Good he's suppose to help me out with my paper. Tell him I'm coming to pick him up so we can go the the Simon Stagg presentation later.."

"Sure thing..."

It's not a lie, really. I am going to go see Barry but as...

"The Flash?" I heard from Cisco that that is what Barry is calling himself.

I think it makes sense seeing that he's gone in a flash.

I fly what feels slow to me but from what Cisco keeps saying on my transmitter, I'm going 352 miles an hour.

Pshh this feels like a walk in the park.

"Rose?"

"I'm right on him, what?"

"He missed it by six blocks meaning..."

"I missed it too. Alright I'll follow him and let's hope he doesn't miss the address."

I fly quick and smell smoke.

"Peter! Peter! Has anyone seen my son?" A woman asks frantically.

Barry had ran in past her and I bring in my wings so that I can fly easily in the window of the burning building.

I cough as I inhale too much smoke.

I hear crying and land on my feet.

I keep walking, careful not to touch anything with a fiery surface.

"There's fire everywhere!" I hear Barry yell.

He's probably talking to Cisco on his transmitter.

"I'm coming Barry, but I need to find the kid."

I hear whimpering close by.

I hear it as I get close to a door and I kick it open with my boot.