12. 𝒜 𝓋𝒾ℯ𝓌𝓅ℴ𝒾𝓃𝓉

- Excuse for any grammatical errors.

𝓖𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓮

I have always been envious of Aria, my sweet girl best-friend. Reason why I have always been envious? Well, it's very straightforward. She has my ideal family.

She has the most amazing family I have ever laid my eyes on. When we were kids, I always see how caring and compassionate people her parents were. Aria's parents were the kind of people whose first priority was their daughter.

Maybe, it was because she was an only child. I did know her parents struggled to have kids before she was born.

My parents, well they were the exact opposite of Aria's parents.

My father being a drug addict, he was a complete asshole. He was always physically abusing us, my sister would always protect me but there was only little she could do. I was glad he was out of our lives now.

My mother, she was sweet and kind. Well, that was until she had a miscarriage, caused by my father beating her. It was always a scary sight to see your father manhandling your mother.

The night she had a miscarriage, it was terrifying. There was blood all over the floor, I remember my sister, Giselle trying to convince me it was just her monthly cycle but I was no fool.

Mother changed that night, after what had happened, she became very spiteful towards us, blaming us for all that had happened in her life. I don't hate her, well I can't hate her. I understood what she had been through.

She was married to an abusive man. Giselle suffered the most, my mother would continuously blame her, saying if she hadn't fallen pregnant of her, she wouldn't be in this mess.

Giselle would always put a brave font in-front of me, but one day, I found her weeping profusely in her closet. She wasn't aware I saw her, she looked so weak and tired of everything.

I was always afraid that, she would one day decide she's had enough and run way, leaving me alone with terrible parents. But she didn't, Giselle was my mother and father.

A thank you wouldn't be enough to show how grateful I am.

Now, my father is currently serving a jail term for some crime he committed. I really don't give a shit about him, he was too cruel, I really hope to rots in there.

And my mom? Well she left, she reached the conclusion of not wanting to have anything to do with us. She packed her stuffs and left without saying goodbye.

After a few months of mom leaving, Giselle decided it was better we find a new home, a home with no taunting memories. The house contained too many painful memories, memories I wanted to bury so far away, hidden from everyone.

Aria and Tobias were my safe haven when we were much younger, they both knew some bits about my life. But, I prefer to keep them to myself.

Enough of my past and back to my present. Aria and I had a fight, well not a fight just an argument. I never liked that boyfriend of hers, he had a dark aura, he was strange and gave me an eerie feeling.

Believe me when I say I have tried countless times to convince Aria to stay away from him, but as she being a strong headed person she never listened.

I have seeing how she walked, limping sometimes, lost in her own world, I was convinced that sick bastard had done something ghastly to her.