20. ℳℯ𝓂ℴ𝓇𝓎 ℒ𝒶𝓃ℯ.

- Excuse for any grammatical errors.

Please vote before/after you read. It helps.

𝓣𝔂𝓵𝓮𝓻

He stood alone in his bedroom, staring into space. For some reason, he decided to open the window and sit outside. He leaned against the wall, wondering what he was going to do next.

He thought back to the day his father killed his mother, and wondered if he had any regrets. Had he done anything differently, would he have prevented his mother's death? Maybe he could've spoken up, but he was just a kid. What could he say to his father that would make any difference?

Would things be different if he still lived with his parents now? Would they be happier together? He thought about his mother and how much he missed her.

At that moment, he felt like giving up. He didn't know what to do, or why he was even alive. He couldn't feel sorry for himself, though. He had to be strong for his girl.

No one would ever understand the pain he went through. No one would ever see the tears that he cried. No one would ever know how guilty he felt for surviving when his mother didn't.

He wiped his face and sniffled, unsure of where life would lead him from here on out. He still had a lot to live for, and he wasn't ready to give up yet. He had to keep moving forward. He couldn't stay stuck in the past.

It was still fresh in his memory, almost it happened yesterday.

(Flashback to Tyler's past)

Tyler constantly had nightmares of his childhood. It was about his father physically abusing his mother and the fights his parents had. He would wake up in a cold sweat, feeling like he was reliving it all over again.

He never told anyone because his mother wasn't as strong as his father. She always stayed silent. The only time she ever spoke out was when his father hit her too hard; then they were both sent away for a week or two while the bruises healed.

His mother took him back after that, but the damage was done. Tyler didn't want to be around someone who beat their spouse. So, he left them for few days. That's where everything started falling apart and he began to drink heavily.

After one night of drinking, things got really bad. His father arrived home early from work drunk off his ass. A fight broke out between him and Tyler's mother, and there was nothing either could do to stop it.

Tyler tried to calm everyone down, but his father kept hitting him. He remembered being thrown across the room and landing on the floor with a loud thud. Then, everything went black.

When he woke up, he couldn't move. Something heavy was pressed against his chest. As he attempted to get up, something else fell onto his head. He saw his father holding a gun to his mother's head.

"You're going to pay for what you did to me," his father said. "The last thing I'm going to do is let you take your son."

He pulled the trigger, and shot his mother three times before turning the gun on himself.

Tyler watched helplessly as his mother died right in front of him. He wanted to call 911, but his father had already covered the cell phone with his hand. He wanted to save his mother, but knew he couldn't.

Tears rolled down his face when he realized she was gone.

It was all so surreal until police officers came to tell him that his father killed his mother and then himself.