31.

Aria

I nervously played with my fingers and bit my lips as I tried to calm myself down for the millionth time. There's no going back now. All I had to do was ask, and the worst he can say is no. Right?

I hope so.

"Um, Tyler?" He raised his head and looked at me.

"What is it, love?"

"What are you thinking about?" Tyler asked, staring intently into my eyes. As if trying to pick up any motive for escape.

"Nothing much." I shook my head negatively. "Um, I'd like to ask for something, that is if you don't mind."

"Ask anything, love." He smiled.

I gulped. "I was-I was wondering if you'd let me see my parents. It's been a long time since I last saw them. I really miss them; can I see them please?"

He scoffs. "You want to see them, huh?" I nodded. "Well, you should have thought of that before leaving me, all alone in despair. You will not be seeing them, don't even dream about it."

I felt my heart break. "Tyler, please." My voice cracked, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"shhh... don't cry, love. This is merely the consequence of your own action." He wiped off a tear from my eyes.

"You know the only reason why I have not raised my hands on you. I am still hurt by your foolish decisions."

I stopped crying, seeing as it would only make Tyler happy seeing me in tears. He might decide to throw me on his big bed and have his way with me. Something I am really avoiding.

"Are you okay now?" I nodded. "I have been thinking, we are yet to pick out names for our son. Do you have any name on your mind?"

"Um, I don't." I haven't thought of any since the beginning of my pregnancy. I never wanted to have this child.

"Well, I think we should pick a name that starts with a T. Better yet, we could name him a junior. But, that might not be satisfactory with me at the end."

"What if we have a girl?" he looked at me like I was crazy.

"A girl? Absolutely not. I want a boy as my first born heir. My family has a history of having males as their first born, ours won't be any different."

"Um, okay." I concluded. There was no point arguing with a crackhead. It would surely result in a series of pain. And I do not want that happening.

"Back to where we were. What do you think of the name Theodore?" He suggested.

Theodore? I don't like the sound of that.

I shook my head. "No. I don't like the sound of that."

He hummed in response. "Well, what about Tyson? Tristan? Taylor? No. That's too old-fashioned. Looks like I have lots of names to pick from. It surely won't be easy."

I felt like grabbing a knife and shoving it deep into his heart. It infuriates me to see him suggest baby names. Did he really think I am happy with my current situation? It's not like he cares about that.

No matter the number of times I think about how quickly he changed, it scared me. How does one go from cherishing you to making your life a living nightmare?
I wish I could run away from here. Disappear faraway with my loved ones and putting all these behind me. But would it get any better?

I dread the day I would push out this monster's child out of me. I know I will be incapable of loving the child. I don't feel emotionally connected to it. I blame Tyler for everything, I wish I could turn back the hands of time.

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒐 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara