19. 𝓐𝓹𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓲𝓮𝓼.

- Excuse for any grammatical errors.

Please vote before/after you read. It helps.

𝓐𝓻𝓲𝓪

I froze when I heard a voice.

"Ain't you glad to be alive?"

I quickly turned around and saw Tyler standing there with a smile on his face. I must have been out for days.

"Tyler.''

The word fell from my mouth before I could stop myself. My heart started beating faster again.

He chuckled and went over to me. He put his hands on my shoulders, "You alright?" he said with concern.

Is he being serious right now? He fucking hurt me. He beat me till I lost consciousness and now, he's asking if I'm alright.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I need to focus on keeping my anger in check.

I opened my eyes back up and looked at him. "What do you want?"

His eyebrows furrowed slightly as he thought about what to say next, "I just wanted to apologise. I've realised my mistake and I want things to go back how it was. Let's move past all this and everything will be fine. Just don't call me that word you called me before. It triggers bad memories."

I narrowed my eyes. ''Yeah, like the time you pushed me down and broke my wrist.'

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "We'll talk later. How are you feeling?"

I hesitated for a second before answering, "I'm alive so I guess I'm doing okay."

He smiled and patted my shoulder gently, "Good. Now go back to sleep. You need your rest."

He walked away, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I exhaled sharply, looked around and realised I was in a big room. Not exaggerating, but it was actually big enough to take about three rooms in my house.

Why is he suddenly apologizing to me? Why now? Does he have something up his sleeve?

All these questions ran into my head, and I could not figure out what was going on.

I heard a knock on the door causing me to turn my head towards the door.

A young woman who somewhat look in her mid-forties. She was also dressed in a maid attire.

She gave me a warm smile. "Good morning, Miss."

"What time is it?" I asked. I felt tired, more like completely exhausted.

She looked at her watch. "It's almost six o'clock."

"How long have I been asleep?"

"About five days." What! That long?

"Five days?" I asked.

"Yes. I'll get you something to eat, you must be famished." she said and walked out of the room.

After a few minutes, she came back with a tray in her hand. She walked over to my bedside table and placed a glass of orange juice and some crackers.

She smiled. "I hope this will help you feel better."

"Thank you." I said.

"Where am I?" I asked as I took a bite from the cracker.

"You're in one of the guest rooms, your fiancé brought you."

I was confused. What was she talking about? Tyler never proposed to me, she must be mistaken.

"My fiancé?"