iii - house party

— 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 —

SOMEHOW, I manage to make it to school early, again. I used Dustin's bike that he let me have to ride to school. I'm not used to riding bikes, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. As I make my way inside, I see Barb reading off of flash cards and Nancy answering the questions.

"When alpha particles go through gold foil, they become?"

"Unoccupied space." I answer, walking up to them.

Barb and Nancy smile at me and we continue walking down the hall.

"A molecule that can—"

The cards are then ripped from Barbs hands by, none other than, Steve Harrington. Tommy H and Carol are also following behind.

"I don't know, I think you've studied enough, Nance." Steve says.

Nancy tries to get her cards back, to no avail.

"I'm telling you, you've got this, don't worry. Now, on to more important matters," Steve says, grabbing the sides of Nancy's arms, "My dad left town for a work conference and my mom went with him, 'cause, you know, she doesn't trust him."

"Good call." Tommy says.

"So," Steve says, "Are you in?"

"In for what?" Nancy says, genuinely confused.

"No parents, big house?" Carol says.

"A party." I say

"Ding, ding, ding!" Carol says.

"But, it's a school night." Nancy says.

"Come on, it'll be low key, just us. Are you in or out?" Steve says.

Before Nancy can answer, Carol interrupts.

"Oh god, look."

We all turn to see what Carol was pointing out and my heart drops.

"Oh, god. That's depressing." Steve says.

Jonathan continues to pin missing posters of Will to the bulletin board.

"Should we say something?" Nancy asks.

Before I have to listen to Tommy and Carol talking shit any longer, I decide walk over to Jonathan.

"Hey." I say.

"Oh, hey (Y/N)." Jonathan says.

"No sign of him yet?"

Jonathan sighs.

"Nothing, yet."

I place my hand on his back and rub gently.

"I'm so sorry Jonathan, this really sucks."

"Yeah, it does." He says.

I look back over to the group and they all seem uninterested, except Nancy.

"I'm sure we'll find him, he's a smart kid." I say.

"Thanks, (Y/N)."

The bell rings.

"I have to go," I take my hand off of his back, "If you need anything, don't be afraid to call me."

He flashes me a small smile which I return, then I walk to my first class of the day.

Attention faculty and students: at eight PM tonight, there will be an assembly on the football field in support of Will Byers and his family.

All are encouraged to attend. Volunteer sign-ups for search parties are still available in the office.